A "+" near people's names - what does it do and why not all the time?

What does putting a “+” sign near someone’s name do? I thought it might PM them that they were mentioned in a thread but I haven’t seen any messages when people “+” me.

Also, why does it sometimes not work? In this post, I used two of them (alysher and CDawg) and only the first name is clickable.

I’m not entirely sure why + works sometimes and not others, but it’s supposed to be a “mention” shortcut.

You can also do the same thing by using

MrSmite

[member=membername]
In which case, obviously the + is not necessary.

But to get the notifications, they have to be enabled. When this is enabled, you’ll get alerts in the same box your “likes” are shown.

[ATTACH]866._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]867._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Sorry, I may have broke it. Don’t hate me.

Occasionally the “+” works.

+Guybrush, thanks for that explanation. I must’ve disable notifications a long time ago and forgot.

+CDawg, I wonder if it’s because you have two caps. at the beginning.

I tried an ealier post to Billy and it no worky /emoticons/default_unsure.png

Interesting.

The forums seem to be a bit broken compared to a few months ago.

[ul]
[li]The “likes” list doesn’t appear in any post, you can’t view likes that you’ve given in “my content” and you can’t see who liked your post in “my content” either.[/li][li]I have 5 stars under my name in my profile but it doesn’t tell me what they’re for and I sure as hell don’t have the power of a 5-Star General around here /emoticons/default_tongue.png[/li]
[li]Editing posts screws up formatting[/li][li]Sometimes the cursor gets stuck inside the quote box so you have to submit the post then edit it[/li][/ul]
I’m using Firefox too which supposedly is the answer to all your problems…

[ul]
[li]yeah that happens[/li][li]Stars = ratings by other board users[/li][li]havent seen it, I use chrome tho[/li][li]same as above[/li][/ul]

for ref : http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/6955-username-feature/

If this happens, just turn off WYSIWYG and use bbcode mode to add your spaces and then switch back.

You can also always click “preview” instead of actually posting.

+KingPin Fix it yo

Yeah, I already do that.

Oh, I see. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at profiles, I didn’t realize you could give people stars, I just thought it had something to do with how active you were on the forums.

It’s too bad we can’t convert this stuff to cash /emoticons/default_smile.png

I only have 4 stars.

Edit:

Wait a minute, I have stars at all? I must not be doing my job well enough!

Don’t worry, I fulfill that position as blank-star’d.

Five stars. fapfapfap /emoticons/default_wub.png

Who the hell made me 5 star’d ? I call bull.

Yeah, that feature is probably broken too /emoticons/default_tongue.png

I did it yesterday, got a problem with it?

http://cdn.memegenerator.co/instances/600x/40250546.jpg