[ADDON] TrinityAdmin

work fine for me there’s something wrong on your end. also i have my account set for gm lvl 4 which is admin. so that might be why your issue is happening. i remember being a gm on another server and in order to get that function to work i had to be an admin not just a gm. i attached a screenshot of it working.

[ATTACH]54._xfImport[/ATTACH]

yeah but i am at gm level 4… it was working in the last versions. ive updated the addon and delete the wow cache files and installed it again and it doesnt work /emoticons/default_sad.png

The commands does work on your screenshot (see chatwindow) So it seems to be a bug/issue in the addon

it’s not a bug with the addon take a look at the screenshot i posted it’s rev 44. so how can mine work and yours not i just don’t grasp that concept. it’s a user to keyboard error and that’s it. it’s too easy to claim there’s a bug cause everyone thinks their a pro and not do any troubleshooting like delete the folder and pull from the svn again.

and what can i do now to fix this?

iotech thank you so much for bringing this utility to Trinity. This is very useful and I am greatful for your time and work.

btw folks, for what it’s worth. I have my admin account set at level 5 and the “who” display is working perfect. .account set gmlevel admin 5 -1

Locales other than enUS are not (currently) supported. Want to do the deDE conversion?

i have deDE but i has been working for a few days…but not yet … ive deleted the cache, the wtf folders but nothing happend. the deDE has the same commands like the enUS version.I think it should not takes a difference.

Hmm… so youre sayign it worked with r23 and not with r44? That is odd… I see you posted a bug on the issue tracker, i’ll look into this.

A Short Summary of Locale Issues with TrinityAdmin:

In the big picture, locales (languages) are defined in 3 places: The client, the server, and in TrinityAdmin.

Some of the text you see (but not ALL) is defined by the Client locale you have. Some (but again not all) is defined by the locale setting in the server config, and by extension, the locale columns in the trinity_string table.

These two define what is displayed in the client as a result of your actions or server messages. TrinityAdmin functionally does two things: writes commands to the chat window, using the commands as found in the commands table. It also “traps” or examines anything that the client or server display in the chat window. If it matches certain patterns, it triggers functions in TrinityAdmin, based upon what locale you have selected in TrintiyAdmin.

So, if you have the enUS client, and you choose the development or enUS locale in server configs, and English in TrinityAdmin (all the defaults), everything works.

If you have, for example, the deDE client, then some strings (but not all) are shown in German, and if TrinityAdmin is set for English, TA will not “detect” client-generated strings properly. Likewise, if your server is using localised strings, and TA isnt set to the locale, problems will occur.

I write the software for enUS client, us english server strings, and English locale in TA itself. I relaize that YOU might be using a non-enUS client or using customized strings on your server. If so, for TA to function properly, you need to set TA to the right locale AND that locale needs to have a complete translation in the TA files. Currently, NO locales have complete translation other than US English.

I used to actively support and promote localization in TA; now, I will assist, not not become directly involved. The reason is that I have found more and more servers are using localized string tables on their server. They may have customized or translated these strings themselves or altered them in some way I cannot predict.

So… if you use a non-enUS client, and if you use customized or non-english strings in the trinity_string table, YOU need to examine the localization files in TrinityAdmin and modify the strings for your locale to match what your server is putting out. Be aware that the enUS file is the only complete file; the others are also incomplete, so you’ll want to basically copy the enUS file, rename it appropriately for your locale, then go through the file and translate the strings to match your locale.

I’m sorry it means work for you… I do have a couple of volunteers to work on translation, so perhaps we’ll soon be able to offer certain locales by default… but i am sure you can understand that with people customizing their server strings and no two (for example) deDE servers being exactly alike, this isnt something it is my best interest to spend time on. I have tried to set the locale files up so even non-programmers can figure out how to edit them, and provided instructions in the file headers.

Other news:

I’m looking at changing the repo I use to Hg (staying with GoogleCode). If I do this, I have a volunteer for esES and one for ptBR locales… with Hg, I can MUCH more easily support contributors working on locales. naturally, I’d be interested in translators for other locales as well. I’ll post here if/when this happens.

-iotech

Ty for helping me…

But /emoticons/default_smile.png … The german client with the server use the same strings together. The german commands are exactly the same commands than the enUS version. An other GM of my server is using the same Addon with the same client and doesnt got this problems.

Im interrested to translate the german language if u like because there are a lot of texts which is not translated and maybe wrong. I have an updated one.

Roman,

If your strings are default, let’s have you try something… I see by your screenshot you have Deutsch selected in TrinityAdmin (the pulldown at the top of the window). Please change this to English and click the Change language button. You should see the majority of TrinityAdmin function properly. If you must have Deutsch in TrinityAdmin, we’ll need to get your language file updated. I’ll add you to the list of localisation volunteers, and I’ll be in touch shortly to get localisation started again.

Thanks for your interest!

-iotech

Yeah fine i will start to translate the loc from now. But where can i upload this thing?

Is it possible to make it so that you can still see the .pinfo command output in the chat, without toggling “Show Chat Output”?

Sure is! I’m at work so I cant give you specifics, but in TrintiyAdmin, on the tab that has all the settings on it, is a checkbox called something like “Show Chat Output”. This should be ON if you want to see the pinfo in the chat as well as in TA.

-iotech

Sure is! I’m at work so I cant give you specifics, but in TrintiyAdmin, on the tab that has all the settings on it, is a checkbox called something like “Show Chat Output”. This should be ON if you want to see the pinfo in the chat as well as in TA.

Well if you have “Show Chat Output” ON then you will receive spam from TrinityAdmin doing .server info command. I was wondering if it’s possible only unhide that one command. By the way you done amazing job on with this addon.

You could set it up that way, but you’d have to edit the code yourself. I’ll post you some instructions here when I get back home on Tuesday if you dont figure it out before then.

Here you go, sorry for the delay:

Open TrinityAdmin.lua in a text editor. Somewhere around line 922 find:

[CODE] – hook player account info

for status, char, guid, account, id, level, ip, login, latency in string.gmatch(text, Strings["ma_GmatchAccountInfo"]) do

if self.db.char.requests.tpinfo then

if status == "" then

status = Locale["ma_Online"]

else

status = Locale["ma_Offline"]

end

--table.insert(self.db.account.buffer.tpinfo, {char = {pStatus = status, pGuid = guid, pAcc = account, pId = id, pLevel = level, pIp = ip}})

ma_tpinfo_text:SetText(ma_tpinfo_text:GetText()..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoPlayer"]..char.." ("..guid..")\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoStatus"]..status.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoAccount"]..account.." ("..id..")\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoAccLevel"]..level.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLastIP"]..ip.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLatency"]..latency)

catchedSth = true

output = MangAdmin.db.account.style.showchat

end

end

-- hook player account info

for played, level, money in string.gmatch(text, Strings["ma_GmatchAccountInfo2"]) do

ma_tpinfo_text:SetText(ma_tpinfo_text:GetText().."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoPlayedTime"]..played.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLevel"]..level.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoMoney"]..money)

catchedSth = true

output = MangAdmin.db.account.style.showchat

self.db.char.requests.tpinfo = false

end

end[/CODE]

Change it to:

[CODE] – hook player account info

for status, char, guid, account, id, level, ip, login, latency in string.gmatch(text, Strings["ma_GmatchAccountInfo"]) do

if status == "" then

status = Locale["ma_Online"]

else

status = Locale["ma_Offline"]

end

--table.insert(self.db.account.buffer.tpinfo, {char = {pStatus = status, pGuid = guid, pAcc = account, pId = id, pLevel = level, pIp = ip}})

ma_tpinfo_text:SetText(ma_tpinfo_text:GetText()..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoPlayer"]..char.." ("..guid..")\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoStatus"]..status.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoAccount"]..account.." ("..id..")\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoAccLevel"]..level.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLastIP"]..ip.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLatency"]..latency)

catchedSth = true

output = true

end

end

-- hook player account info

for played, level, money in string.gmatch(text, Strings["ma_GmatchAccountInfo2"]) do

ma_tpinfo_text:SetText(ma_tpinfo_text:GetText().."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoPlayedTime"]..played.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoLevel"]..level.."\n"..Locale["ma_TicketsInfoMoney"]..money)

catchedSth = true

output = true

self.db.char.requests.tpinfo = false

end

end[/CODE]

Save the file, then either restart the client or issue a /reloadui command. Now, regardless of the state of the checkbox, you’ll see pinfo in the chat window.

-iotech

Thank you for reply.

Hello,

Im using this tool its working very nice.(i love this tool)

Before i was using GMH.

Could there be added a way to add items by item-entry number?? (could not find it)

another question I did use it on my cata test server.

And there i have a few problems.

Im not good in C++ but is there a way to get it compattible with cataclysm.

update this proyect plz. this project can not close. keep improving it is a very inportante addon