Creature Follow

Is it possible to let one Creature follow another?

I have a Creature with WPs and i want the secound creature to walk the same WPs but a bit behind the first one.

I tried it with a formation an set the distance, but when the first NPC goes down a hill the secound creature jumps in the Map, that’s ugly.

I also tried giving the secound creature the same path and have a spawn-point a bit behind, but i see the problem there, that when on is killed and respawns, tho two would be too much away from each other…

Any idears? Don’t want to do a c++ script /emoticons/default_wink.png

Use the fork of Trinity that has mmaps…

– Brian

What? No, that has nothing to do with the question.

@Green_Code:

SMART_EVENT_WAYPOINT_START / SMART_EVENT_WAYPOINT_REACHED

SMART_ACTION_FOLLOW

Yeah, set minimum distance the one to be behind and set very big target distance with target_type, so if the following npc dies, on respawn it will check in very big distance at one point it will reach the npc again and start normal distance follow. The only problem would be, if the leader dies. Then you should have event update or something to make it occasionaly set follow. Like event update or event ooc.

P.S.: Formations should work best for what you want, I think this is core problem. /the jump thing/ It seems the creature behind take a bit later or earlier on specific Z coordinates and that make it jump like spiderman, there should be some better filter on minimum Z when the creature has only ground inhabit type and is on waypoint or following.

@Discover – uhh yea it does.

I tried it with a formation an set the distance, but when the first NPC goes down a hill the secound creature jumps in the Map, that’s ugly.

Using creature_formation is the proper way, but it will be ugly for now – everything else is just a hack…

– Brian

Woops, didn’t notice that part (don’t ask me how I could have missed that… o.O)

Oke, i’ll have the formation.

Guess i have to wait until the mmaps are working correctly /emoticons/default_wink.png

Ehh, not your fault man, this is posted in the wrong section /emoticons/default_smile.png

But now that I think about it, even your suggestion would end up with the same results of the following NPC getting “jumpy” when going over hills /emoticons/default_tongue.png

– Brian