Custom Sql: Levels 81-100

http://us.battle.net…en/blog/4544194

edit: oops, that’s player info. maybe something here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/author/Ghostcrawler/

Any more work been done on this? The 255 thread gets so much attention which seems strange considering there are supposedly known problems with trying to run levels that high.

Which ?

In my stock world database there were no creature_levelstats beyond level 83 so I copied the level 83 data and put it into levels 84-100. I don’t have monster stats increasing because I really don’t want the monsters any harder since my purpose is to test this for instances/raids to see if level 100 is enough to do some of the harder instances/raids on small servers with only a few people. Haven’t tested it yet but if there is a problem I’ll try and fix it and upload a new attachment.

Edit: Uploaded new file. First one had errors. Tested and seems to be working so far.

2012_02_12_05_world_creature_levelstats.zip

You know what’s missing? Skills and abilities training. How much work would that be to add and is it possible? Even at level 80 my paladin has to spam his heal 3-4 times to get to full health. At level 100 skills like that will seem pretty wimpy.

Add more stats to selected items? This could be easily acomplished by increasing all stats on items that drop from certain dungeon (simply by their itemlevel)? And also increasing their required level. Another interesting alternative might be VAS Autobalance patch, which automaticaly balances npc dmg and hp in dungeons, depending on amount of people currently inside. It seems to work well except for dots - you might want to check it out at my repo https://github.com/hkarta/TrinityCore (added Jun 06).

This is a non scientific guess but it seems like Blizzard sucks more and more MP past level 80. At least I’ve noticed killing the same mobs as I’ve leveled past 82 it’s getting harder to manage mana and I find I’m running out more than I used to. Something is definitely off.

Very useful a lot of thanks /emoticons/default_biggrin.png !

I’m in the process of switching over from mangos to trinitycore, and I considered doing the same thing since my private server only has a few people on it.

In the end I decided to persue a different route. Instead of modifing player levels or gear I’m looking to apply auras to the raid map. Things like ‘Luck of the Draw’ can reduce raid difficultiy but not mess with character balance outside the instance. Some raids are easier than others so you can apply the auras only to maps that need it. A player can remove the buff if they want to feel the original difficulty.

look into VAS autobalance…

Spells keep using more MP beyond level 80. Blizzard alone costs about 100MP more each level beyond level 80 so at level 85 you’re looking at about 500 more MP to cast blizzard and you don’t gain that much MP leveling up nor do you restore MP fast enough from stat gains (spirit) to come close to compensating for the increased mana use. I suspect other classes skills suffer from the same diminishing returns. Since there is no class skill training beyond level 80 spell and skill damage doesn’t increase except with minimal stat gain increases and talent points. So far at level 85 with my mage it’s a net loss simply because it becomes harder to manage mana when all spellcasting is taking more and more MP.

I see people wanting to have levels go to 255. You’re nuts, it doesn’t even work well going to level 100 without a lot more changes than are posted here.