Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Did you compile the extractors yourself? I updated the vmap extractor/assembler so the VMAPs you find on the internet will no longer work with TC

But that affects us greatly, which use a hosting,there do not have the wow, vmaps extractors do not work

You can search on forum…

I am having a problem the vmap extractor. Is the current WoW client version still 3.3.5a? The source (pulled this morning) produced vmap4extractor, has the project changed to the 4.x clients? Running vmap4extractor on my 3.3.5a client results in a very large number of model not loaded errors and the vmap4assembler exits immediately upon starting.

It’s vmaps version 4, not vmaps for wow 4.

Follow the wiki

I did follow the wiki. The wiki mentions vmap3extractor and vmap3assembler, but when I compiled the sources I got vmap4extractor and vmap4assember, which appear to have problems with my client.

Threadjack! :wink:

Will the updated vmaps replace movement maps or is this just an improvement to vmaps only?

Those are not errors, just leave it finish, those messages are caused by wrong or corrupted models, ignore them.

Just an improvement, movement maps have absolutely nothing to do with the changes i made

Thanks, this looks interesting and a good reason to update my server. /emoticons/default_smile.png

Thanks, I went ahead and used the produced files, my server started up with vmap support enabled and did not produce any errors and los appears to be working. Somebody might want to consider updating the wiki to just ignore those errors. Thanks again.

I’m sure the wiki will get updated. This update was just recently released though so it really shouldn’t be a shock that the wiki isn’t instantly updated. /emoticons/default_smile.png

Warnings have been disabled in https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commit/836459ef0e57f5cd55e6943501f5c95f59ccd6ac

And there’s VirtualBox for the odd occasion that you do need a windows machine…

when i use the extractors vmaps4 is extracting a lot of file but near the end it show me error and close them, vmaps4assembler is not function too is closed inmediatly someone could bring me a link for download maps dbc vmaps and buildings please.

i have the same problem, what i did was extract the vmaps 1 week ago when this patch was still under development.

so those vmaps worked, but now i updated my core to the point where it is actually inplemented in the repo and now i got the same error as topic starter.

on the old core it works, and then im indeed talking about the core WITH dynamic vmaps supoprt …

so do i need to extract them AGAIN?? or is there an error somewhere, since i dont see the point where it went wrong, since it did work…

The vmaps version was changed on final release to stop ppl ussing pre-dynlos vmaps.

okay nice to know that i need to redo it then,

no

the problem is to fill the 15 gigabytes on the Linux server