Error #134 on Wow.exe since update yesterday

Hi!
I have an up-to-date 6.x build that was working fine until I tried opening wow_64_patched.exe today, I got error #134:

“Unable to open DBFilesClient\MovieOverlays.dbc: Can’t find file in build manifest”

Could this be related to the update to 6.2.2 that happened earlier today?

I wanted to post this here in case it was some silly mistake I made before I put it on the issue tracker.

Thanks!

If you were updated to 6.2.2 you can’t use your old 6.2.0 patched exe. Since we don’t support 6.2.2 yet it seems you have to be patient.

Kind regards,
Carbenium

Phew. I thought I’d broken something… was working on some code then this started happening. Odd thing is as far as I know I haven’t downloaded any patches, unless it does it without telling you.

tcpdump doesn’t even show the client trying to contact my server… It’s just broke.

Hm, it must’ve updated on it’s own or something… Is there any way to stop BNet app from doing this?

In BNet: Settings → Installation & Updates. There disable the automatic updates.

Already checked disable the automatic updates. but I also got Client Error cause “Unable to open DBFilesClient\MovieOverlays.dbc: Can’t find file in build manifest”

i have the same error

Is there a link to download the client on 6.2.0?

i remove launcher so presume that it don’t download any patch after 6.2.0 So if that is right why it download/change content? Maybe is something about new patch, i don’t know. Please if someone can test it on a patched client and could help us, i apreciate.

Well yes. Due to the build 20444 not being supported as yet, you wont be able to run the game through worldserver. I just don’t know how to make the game run with the supported build and not update? Any ideas?

so, isn’t any way to fix client?

I’m not sure it even has updated. The datestamp on Wow.exe hasn’t changed, battle.net says version 20338.

Plus, it’s not attempting to contact the trinitycore server… I’ve yet to wireshark the windows box to see what it’s actually doing but my guess is blizzard have changed something that the patched client is still pinging blizzard for, and it’s broken it.

Try this with bnetserver and worldserver not running (to eliminate that).

Run patched wow.exe with portal set to IP of your trinitycore machine (or www.google.com, or anything really). You’ll get the error.

Run patched wow.exe with portal set to EU/US. Login screen appears.

Only difference is the value of the portal string, and no packets are seen on the server side… Countermeasures perhaps?

Edit: Add error log.

[ATTACH]1458._xfImport[/ATTACH]

yes maybe

The patcher has a -e option to disable updates, have you tried that?

Disabled updates, same issue.

​i think it works i am in-game, so. don’t work if patched a client with that critical error, you will need to download client again. Works 100% Portugal em grande! /emoticons/default_wink.png

Here is the thing - even if you do not update your client to latest retail patch, clients CASC handling defaults to online mode and tries to open online file index (which clearly is current blizzard patch 6.2.2). To force the client to use local casc index you have to launch it with “-uid wow_####” command line arg (replace #### with your locale)

-uid wow_EU worked for me… thanks!

it looks like you can just pass any string, but the intention was that you use -uid wow_enGB (or whatever other locale you have)

That worked, thanks Shauren. Thumbs up!