How to use SMART_ACTION_STORE_VARIABLE_DECIMAL

While looking for a way to set and retrieve variables using smart_scripts I stumbled upon SMART_ACTION_STORE_VARIABLE_DECIMAL (action type 63). That sounds like exactly what I need, however, I can’t seem to find a way to retrieve a variable after storing it.

I haven’t been able to find anything about retrieving those stored variables in either the source or the latest world db (this particular action type seems to be completely unused so far).

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve those stored variables, preferably without making core modifications? And if not, does anyone know what the purpose of this action type is? Or is it an incomplete feature?

I’d stay away from doing complicated stuff in SAI. Best to use C++ for such things.

Well, yes, it’s been ages since I used c++ though and I’m not planning on making anything THAT complicated at the moment.

I just stumbled upon the action type and was wondering if something can be done with it at all. It seems pretty pointless to store a variable without being able to retrieve it /emoticons/default_smile.png

This action is implemented since SAI was done and it seems like the full use of it was never finished: there’s no way to retrieve the stored value.

I removed this action in https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commit/af7daba02d56e9396f397fff81e4b9aa66736c90. Thanks for the heads-up.

All right, thanks for the info /emoticons/default_smile.png