[Howto] properly install git on Windows / Fix Trinitycore rev. 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000

I’m getting the same problem, git is completely unresponsive, re-installed 20 times, and when I click, nothing happens, not even an error window. Win 7 64bit.

You can also use TortoiseGIT, it integrates with Windows 7 x64 quite nicely (and yes, it comes with msysgit as default cli)

hi, all

I was troubled by the rev.0 for a long time.

I have done according to the all above approach, but still rev.0!

any ideas? plz help.

BTW: I use XP 32bit.

disagree, c:/Program Files/Git/cmd/git.cmd is OK.

I just followed the wiki a week ago and everything worked fine for me. Pay attention to the installation option questions when installing since you’ll want context menus and path stuff added during the install(s). The wiki does a good job of explaining it in detail but in the event an updated installer changes and doesn’t have the same options either use common sense (not click click click done) or keep notes on what options you did or didn’t enable during your install process so you can ask detailed questions here if you have problems.

Hi, after reinstal GIT, cmake found it, but I earn new problem:

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Detected 32-bit platform
Using supplied MySQL sources
Found OpenSSL: C:/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/ssleay32.lib;C:/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/libeay32.lib
Found git binary : D:/Program Files (x86)/Git/cmd/git.exe

• TrinityCore revision : 132cc295ca7f 2013-03-24 00:23:27 +0100 (4.3.4 branch)

• Install core to : C:/Program Files (x86)/TrinityCore

• Build world/auth : Yes (default)

• Build with scripts : Yes (default)

• Build map/vmap tools : No (default)

• Build core w/PCH : Yes (default)

• Build scripts w/PCH : Yes (default)

• Show compile-warnings : No (default)

• Use coreside debug : No (default)

• Use MySQL sourcetree : Yes (default)

• Use GIT revision hash : Yes

Looking for IPPROTO_IPV6
CMake Error at D:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):
get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Looking for IPPROTO_IPV6 - not found
Looking for IPV6_V6ONLY
CMake Error at D:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Looking for IPV6_V6ONLY - not found
Looking for S_IROTH

I hope, someone can help me. thx

I Have Windows 7 64-Bit with Git 1.7.0.2 but in cmake i have this error

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindGit.cmake:24 (message):

Git was NOT FOUND on your system - did you forget to install a recent version, or setting the path to it?

Observe that for revision hash/date to work you need at least version 1.7

CMakeLists.txt:65 (find_package)

Now i setting the path in variables from my environment variables but what is the true variable path string? Is really C:Program Files (x86)Gitcmd ? Because to me not work…

Thank you guys.

[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]Thanks[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]friend[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)].[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]very[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]useful[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]information[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)].[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]to[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]my[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]helped[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] [COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)]me[COLOR=rgb(0,0,0)] very much

I added GIT to the path variable but im getting this error woth git not found…

Hi Guys
I have GIT v. 2.46, I didn’t see the picture (post #1) and have this problem: Git was NOT FOUND on your system

any Idea?

The picture didn’t display for me unless I logged in, but it definitely worked today.

Surprise, surprise, it’s an attachment which are usually only shown for registered users. Just saying.

For anyone still having cmake error git not found, try to run cmake as admin

Problem:

Could not find a proper repository signature (hash) - you may need to pull tags with git fetch -t
Continuing anyway - note that the versionstring will be set to "unknown 1970-01-01 00:00:00 (Archived)"

How to repeat:

Make TC’s repo clone, push some commits to your new repo and merge with TC’s one.

Solution:

Go to https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/releases/tag/init
Find “init” named tag and its hash (9b1c0e006f20091f28f3f468cfcab1feb51286bd)
Go with git into your cloned repo and type:

git tag -a init 9b1c0e006f20091f28f3f468cfcab1feb51286bd
git push --tagsYou can also check if everything ok with this command:

git describe --match init --dirty=+ --abbrev=12Output should be like init--
For ex.: init-22656-g15a9c6729ee2

​​Can’t see the thumbnail. /emoticons/default_sad.png

All links and images fixed.

For those who gives them error and does not show version.
It is almost understandable that it is not so but it is worth clarifying.
If you download the repo as a .zip with the button on the project page it will never show the version.
To show the version you have to clone the project directly with Git

I don’t quite understand what you are saying…

You can check the revision while downloading as a zip.

He says that the issue this thread we are in tries to fix cannot be fixed by using the method described if you downloaded the source as a zip.
If you are saying that you can still do this fix, then maybe share some steps?

The point is not that you cannot get the version of the zip. The point is that you cannot fix the version showing as Trinitycore rev. 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 on startup and in cmake and everywhere.

ah gothca… my bad… I guess the simple question is, why download it as a zip?

Actually… I think there is a way to make a simple batch file (windows) to run that cross references the fresh zipped repo with TC using git api, then interjects or creates a new (genrev.cmake), before someone runs cmake, it would be an extra step for zip downloaders, but would work.

I would just recommend to clone it.