Initial Complilation...

I’m just starting out and need to gain a better understanding of what I’m doing. Sorry in advance if this is academic. I just successfully compiled the core and updated everything using the guides here. I’m able to log in, create a character and interact with the game world. However, I noticed that in the Draeni starting area (my first test), when I pick up a quest I don’t get a quest “sound” (I get the quest ok, just not the sound), and I also cannot use gm commands like “.additem” or “.lookup x”, where x would be something like “creature”. The “.additem” kicks out like i’m saying it, and the “x” parameter in “.lookup” whether “item” or “creature” always returns “no such sub command”. Is this something in the db I can check? Is this something i’ve done in the compilation or setup process? The account is setup as gm level 3. I’ve tried logging in and out without avail. It’s almost like some commands are disabled at compile time, or the format has changed or is unrecognized.

Ok, I believe I’ve solved that problem (located in another thread about installing both world and hotfixes on a new DB - thought hotfixes were applied at server run time, but some weren’t since data is more now). Also, the gm commands are working. I’ve been looking through the database, and was able to locate more obvious things like npc_flags. I was trying to track down whether the issues was something caused by my basic knowledge of the installation or just something that needs to be fixed (which I can also do to a limited degree at this point). One thing I noticed…

Volatile Mutations had a npc_flag of 2 which was “quest giver”. After setting that to 0, they are more “target” ready now. I also noticed that the vendor in Ammen Vale still sells arrows and quivers. Is this a db carry over from a previous version? If so, could you point me to the documentation on where npcs are linked to spawn points and inventory (for vendors)? I can’t really submit anything as a “fix” until I first can understand exactly what i’m doing, and if it’s something that’s caused by an improper implementation on my part.