Instanced Quests Question

[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]Hello all, i am interested in creating some custom content in a away like the lich king area, after certain quests,[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]the npc spawns in the area changes as you progress through quests.[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]I am wondering how this sort of thing is done, would like to do this sort of thing at storm wind.[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]I just cant find information on changing spawns (like instancing) as you progress through quests.[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]would be great if someone could give me info on how this would be possible as in, can it be done in the database, if so is it classed as a instance? or do you have to script it.[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]Many thanks.

I am not familiar with “like the lich king area” specifically, but if you look at the quest you are referring to on wowhead (for the questid) you may be able to research how the quest was (if it was) scripted (via the quest id). This is going to be a fundamental activity for developing and researching quests for you; long run (This is where people are using the Sai/Keira2 tools)

If possible I would look for lower level scripted events (vanilla-esck) as they likely have been completed very blizzard like, as opposed to a obscure quest.

Example, Apprentice Mirveda 15402 has a quest chain (9254, 8487, 8488). After grinding some soil in 8487 you need to protect her in quest 8488. Starting 8488 will summon three mobs. (if you are not familiar with the quest ... create blood elf, . character level 7  .go creature id 15402 .quest add 8487 .quest complete 8487 and run it quick).

If you want to do this type of activity at the end of a quest, or have different npc hostilities it's really of little difference.