Just thank you WoW emulation!

It’s been almost 10 years that I’m into WoW Emulation, I can still remember the first times when I was 15 playing with the old MaNGOS. At that time I knew almost nothing about the world of programming.

Now I’m 24, I work as software engineer and I’m proud of the many things that I learned thanks to the WoW emulation, that helped me a lot.

A while ago I decided to make my Computer Science Master’s Degree thesis about “Open Source Server Applications for MMORPG” which is about MaNGOS and TrinityCore, and the PvP statistics system that I’ve created for those applications. The degree was a big success and I scored the maximum grade!

That is me (on the left) the day of the degree, during the speech about the thesis:

http://shinworld.altervista.org/images/degree.jpg

I’m glad to be part of this community built by passionate people willing to share their skills with others, I always appreciated the spirit of the open source behind the WoW emulation projects and I’m writing this just to thank you all guys, for having created this awesome atmosphere during all these years!

Great job Shin!! :smiley:
This truly is a pretty great community with an immense potential for learning and creating great projects such as yous.

+1 for this request. Would also be very interested in taking a look if you uploaded your actual thesis, only if you can, and are comfortable with sharing it though.

sorry but there is no record about the presentation and unfortunately the thesis is written in Italian

So… long story short… last night I was talking to some family about my new 3D Printer and the question came up if I could print a claymore since the local RenFest doesn’t allow ‘real’ weapons anymore which led me to the discovery that someone did a full-size Lich King armor set which led the conversation into WoW, and Blizzard, and emulation and while trying to explain this thing led to the Trailers for Lich King and Legion… well, I can’t watch the Lich King trailer without tearing up a bit and getting all Emo. For me WoW started right at the end of Burning Crusade, so Lich King is and always will be very dear to me.

Thank you. Honestly. Thank you to all the devs- past, present and future. Thank you to the community. Thank you for keeping that part of my history from being blown away like smoke in the wind. Thank you to Blizzard. I don’t think any of us has anything but love for Blizz. For me- WoW emulation was the first time I felt opposed by something I loved so much, but I don’t love it any less.

Love you all. Thank you.

Bravo @Shin

Congratulation !

This sounds like some kind of geek’s dreams come true :lol:

That`s awesome dude