Looking For Ginea Pigs For Dynamic Vmaps

Port from Silverice’s work at mangos.

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/tree/dynamic_vmaps

Needs vmaps re-extraction.

Post your feedback and crashlogs here.

Ok, saw a post for dynamic vmaps…now…what the heck are they???

According to the comment in the patch:

Ported dynamic line of sight patch by Silverice from MaNGOS. added a few improvements. Please

re-extract vmaps

Looks like it updates the LOS logic and the map/vmap extractor tools. Haven’t looked at it to see what’s “dynamic” about it though.

Yeah, I found this interesting. Just wondering what capabilities it would open up if it was successful. <=Edit to BOLD this sentence.

Dalaran Arena, Ring of Valor /emoticons/default_smile.png

dynamic vmaps are for the L.O.S of gameobject…

It’s called dynamic because it’s not static positioned like regular vmaps. “Dynamic vmaps” are for gameobjects and not WMOs.

Vmaps in general is for calculating height and line of sight.

Just a quick question, Dalaran Sewers are affected? otherwise, how can we test this? what difference should we see? That’s it, just wanted to be a good guinea pig. /emoticons/default_happy.png

I’m compiling at the moment.

It’s worldwide patch, so, yes try to use blink to avoid doors /emoticons/default_tongue.png

i got only one error multiple times while extracting vmaps

"Error loading model WorldGenericQuilboarPassive DoodadsLeantosRazorfen_Leanto03.m2 "

"Error loading model WorldExpansion02DoodadsGenericVrykulWeaponsVr_BM___Sword01.m2 "

and few like this…

dont you know what it can be caused by?

ok tested,works little strange because it sometimes i can blink when its closed and after i activate it (open) i cannot blink…

So my guess is,that it works fine,but when it deciced whether it is here or not it assumes that first state is always opened.and then switches to closed…

that is the only logic explanation.

So i guess it should decide based on some state or sth .

I tested it in halls of lightning and halls of stone,where some doors are sometimes opened and sometimes closed.

edit :

Also when im really near the object i can blink through it…it works strangely

On Ubuntu 11.04, I’ve configured the core with

cmake ../TrinityCore/ -DPREFIX=/home/<username>/server -DTOOLS=1

but it doesn’t work. How to compile vmap extractor?

So my guess is,that it works fine,but when it deciced whether it is here or not it assumes that first state is always opened.and then switches to closed…

You are correct, so far i have not seen any way to tell wheter it starts opened or closed :S

"Error loading model WorldGenericQuilboarPassive DoodadsLeantosRazorfen_Leanto03.m2 ""Error loading model WorldExpansion02DoodadsGenericVrykulWeaponsVr_BM___Sword01.m2 "

Probably corrupted models, or they have a different format than what the extractor expects

Yeah, we know what vmaps does in general (LOS). The question is; how would making them “dynamic” affect gameplay? What are the benefits of making them dynamic?

Of course! But there’s a make error.

Branch updated

What error?

Right now dynamic GOs (IE: doors that can be open or closed) have no LoS. This patch adds LoS for those objects. So – if a door is closed, you can’t shoot through it, if it is open, then it passes the LoS check.

This is an extremely basic idea, but it should give you some insight as to what the patch does.

– Brian

Thanks!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1752832315.png

I highlighted two compile error in your repo…gonna test updated branch now

I will report afterwards

edit OK now the LOS for Doors doesnt work at all…