[PATCH] Crossfaction Battlegrounds

What does this modification do?
Enables people to play for any team in battlegrounds (faster queues for unbalanced servers)

Why did i do this?
Because i want it for myself
Why am i making this public?
Because more eyes = more fixes, and i got tired of working on it alone

What do i want?

Bug reports, pull requests, ideas etc…

Where do i get this?

https://github.com/Lillecarl/TrinityCore
Okay, now most of the questions are already answered, i hope to see community feedback on this, because i am too lazy to maintain and fix whatever bugs people find. It should be working well enough for running on a server (many are already doing so).

This got leaked earlier, but i felt that if this is gonna be available to everyone, lets make one centralised source where everyone will be able to get it and contribute possible fixes. So that’s my goal with making this public!

Good luck with this, i will keep updating it every now and then! I will also review and discuss PR’s and bugreports on the repo!

• LilleCarl

Thanks! /emoticons/default_smile.png

How exactly do i install, do i git pull it into my source and then recompile or do i have to start over?

You could create a patch of this commit (and the 2 commits after it).

You would not be able to “git pull this into your source”. You would need to clone this repo and use it as your source tree if you want to use it alone (assuming you have no other custom modifications). You could “git pull”, provided you “git remote add” first. Touche LilleCarl

git remote add cfbg GitHub - Lillecarl/TrinityCore: TrinityCore Open Source MMO Framework (master = 8.2.5.32978, 3.3.5 = 3.3.5a.12340)
git fetch cfbg
git merge cfbg/master

Why wouldn’t this work?

Indeed. /emoticons/default_tongue.png

testing this at the moment for the last few days but there are a few big bugs with this system, i posted them on your tracker littlecarl… hope its usefull in some way, not every bug is easy to reproduce but are present.

gr.

I did this:

git remote add cfbg https[COLOR=rgb(102,102,0)]:[COLOR=rgb(136,0,0)]//github.com/Lillecarl/TrinityCore.git
git fetch cfbg
git merge cfbg[COLOR=rgb(102,102,0)]/master

and i get this error while merging: error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge: src/server/game/Enteties/Player/Player.cpp Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge. Aborting…

Please explain to me how i can fix this in noobish terms /emoticons/default_smile.png thanks!

you can start by learning how to read, it tells you exactly what to do in the error message.

i have no idea what it means tho. /emoticons/default_sad.png

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge. Aborting…

how i can fix this in noobish terms

git diff HEAD > yourchanges.diff

git reset --hard

thanks Guybrush!

Thank me as well! I made the damn thing and gave Gaybrush suggestions -.-

Don’t we all wuv you in our hearts ?

Haha. Yeah, don’t thank me, I misinterpreted initially /emoticons/default_tongue.png

I don’t know why but I cannot attack on enemies(creatures) in Alterac Valley. I execute the SQL files.

Then i prolly missed something, the creatures should be attackable as i recall… Give me creature id’s n shit so that i can test it myself /emoticons/default_wink.png

All creatures in Alterac Valley /emoticons/default_biggrin.png I dont know if this is only my error because I saw SQL file

Damn… Well it’s because of factions, you can try changing them manually and see if you find something that works! /emoticons/default_smile.png

What Faction_H and Faction_A? /emoticons/default_biggrin.png everyone has now 2(for alliance) and 3(for horde)