[Quest/fix] Conversing With The Depths # 12032

Yes…its me again /emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif

[CODE]-- Conversing With The Depths # 12032

SET @ENTRY := 26648; – ID of Oachanoa
SET @QUEST := 12032;

UPDATE creature_template SET AIName=‘SmartAI’ WHERE entry=@ENTRY; – enable SAI on creature

– Spawn Oacha’noas on Spelltrigger
DELETE FROM event_scripts where id=17612;
INSERT INTO event_scripts (id, delay,command,datalong, datalong2,dataint,x,y,z,o) VALUES
(17612,0,10,@ENTRY,20000,0,2410,1710.62,0,0.16);

– Spawn Oacha’noas event
DELETE FROM smart_scripts WHERE entryorguid=@ENTRY AND source_type=0;
INSERT INTO smart_scripts (entryorguid,source_type,id,link,event_type,event_phase_mask,event_chance,event_flags,event_param1,event_param2,event_param3,event_param4,action_type,action_param1,action_param2,action_param3,action_param4,action_param5,action_param6,target_type,target_param1,target_param2,target_param3,target_x,target_y,target_z,target_o,comment) VALUES
(@ENTRY,0,0,1,1,0,100,0,0,0,0,0,1,@ENTRY,1,0,0,0,0,23,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,“Talk Oachanoa on spawn”); – on ooc loss start talking

– Yell and Spell
DELETE FROM creature_text WHERE entry=@ENTRY;
INSERT INTO creature_text (entry,groupid,id,text,type,language,probability,emote,duration,sound,comment) VALUES
(@ENTRY,0,0, ‘Little $C, why do you call me forth? Are you working with the trolls of this land? Have you come to kill me and take my power as your own?’,14,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,1, ‘I sense uncertainty in you, and I do not trust it whether you are with them, or not. If you wish my augury for the Kaluak, you will have to prove yourself first.’,14,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,2, ‘I will lay a mild compulsion upon you. Jump into the depths before me so that you put yourself into my element and thereby display your submission.’,14,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,3, ‘Well done, $C. Your display of respect is duly noted. Now, I have information for you that you must convey to the Kaluak.’,14,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,4, ‘Simply put, you must tell the tuskarr that they cannot run. If they do so, their spirits will be destroyed by the evil rising within Northrend.’,15,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,5, ‘Tell the mystic that his people are to stand and fight alongside the Horde and Alliance against the forces of Malygos and the Lich King.’,15,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’),
(@ENTRY,0,6, 'Now swim back with the knowledge I have granted you. Do what you can for them. ',15,0,100,0,0,0, ‘Oachanoas Talk’);

– points_of_interest
DELETE FROM quest_poi_points WHERE questId=@QUEST;
INSERT INTO quest_poi_points (questId,id,idx,x,y) VALUES
(@QUEST,0,0,2454,1719),
(@QUEST,1,0,2400,1700);

DELETE FROM quest_poi WHERE questId=@QUEST;
INSERT INTO quest_poi (questId,id,objIndex,mapid,WorldMapAreaId, FloorId, unk3, unk4) VALUES
(@QUEST,0,0,571,4224,0,0,1),
(@QUEST,1,-1,571,4224,0,0,3);

– AreaTrigger needed for Q Flags
DELETE FROM areatrigger_involvedrelation WHERE quest=@QUEST;
INSERT INTO areatrigger_involvedrelation (id, quest) VALUES
(XX,@QUEST);
[/sql][/CODE]

Normaly at spawn from Oachanoa you´ll get some kind of aura… Then you have to jump from the cliffs near to NPC an get a Q completed.

My suggestion is to complete the quest after the speech of Oachanoa …but he will not starting with talk. Any ideas for the talk and quest completion within the SAI ?

Do I have to use Gossips ?

Thanks a lot

Hey, great work lately mate! I’ll help you out a bit with a few tips and such.

1. Never EVER write German (or any other language than English) in your SQL.

2. Try to comment like the code standards: NPC NAME - EVENT TYPE - ACTION TYPE.

3. event_scripts are deprecated and should no longer be used.

4. Read SQL guidelines here (for example (entry=@ENTRY)).

http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/2588-sql-guidelines/

As for linking, you are linking to id 1 but the line you are linking to has event_type 54, so is never reached. It should be 61.

By the way this quest is not possible in SAI (at least that’s what I heard a LOT of times).

thx m8

hmm…I´not sure…

1. I´ll promise

2. Updated SQL on top

3. hmm…its difficult without…afaik GOs don´t use SAI …or I don´t know how (2nd I guess)

4. damn…I hoped everthing is ok…I´m trying hard to adapt me to SQL Standards /emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif

hmmm…my idea for a Workaround…if the talk and aura will work someday…(or I get it into) it is maybe possible to script a waypoint (like in Thread Haarakora | Jump from the cliffs and get behind NPC) and Complete the Quest with Discover invisble GO. Waypoint ends…and the player have to go back to QuestNPC …

I need a Trigger ‘DoAction’ Quest Complete …Quest fail and Quest add exists already…

But my knowlege is not good enough to complete such a complex thing…but someday maybe /emoticons/default_ph34r.png

damn…every Q I take to fix is not possible… I´m gonna need a success /emoticons/default_dry.png

So I updated again the sql on the top…but I still have several questions… I´ve tried to learn from the Quest City of light ( http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10211 ) but the NPC is Core related script I think.

1. Still using event script to spawn the npc…how could I improve this to a SAI ?

2. NPC dont talk on spawn :confused: any suggestions here ?

3. I added and inolved POI and I thought a areatrigger to complete the quest…but I don´t get really smart by the wiki. Is the id Core related ? or could I spawn any kind, anywhere a invisble “box”

I´m not sure with my detected coords…or is it possible to spawn a bunny for area exploring ?

I know the Aura is still missing, but for that I have really no idea…

Thanks for advise /emoticons/default_smile.png

1. All $x (forgot the name) are case-sensitive. If you’re a warrior $C will return ‘Warrior’ and $c will return ‘warrior’. Only names should be with a capital N. /emoticons/default_smile.png

2. My smartphone’s Internet is slow so I can’t check, but are you sure you should use point of interest?

3. For the areatrigger ID, go in-game and enable ‘.debug areatrig’, than walk over the areatrigger and put that ID in areatrigger_involvedrelation.id.

4. You did completely incorrectly with creature_text. Read the wiki for that again.

I’ll do this one in C++ later… /emoticons/default_smile.png

I got mad about it and solved it myway

sorry /emoticons/default_wink.png

if someone had better idea yor welcome /emoticons/default_smile.png

[CODE]-- Conversing With The Depths # 12032

SET @ENTRY := 26648; – ID of Oachanoa
SET @QUEST := 12032;

UPDATE creature_template SET gossip_menu_id=‘26648’, npcflag=1, AIName=‘SmartAI’ WHERE entry=@ENTRY; – enable SAI on creature

– Spawn Oacha’noas on Spelltrigger
DELETE FROM event_scripts where id=17612;
INSERT INTO event_scripts (id, delay,command,datalong, datalong2,dataint,x,y,z,o) VALUES
(17612,0,10,@ENTRY,200000,0,2410,1710.62,0,0.16);

DELETE FROM gossip_menu WHERE entry=@ENTRY;
INSERT INTO gossip_menu (entry,text_id) VALUES
(@ENTRY,@ENTRY);

– Spawn Oacha’noas event
DELETE FROM smart_scripts WHERE entryorguid=@ENTRY AND source_type=0;
INSERT INTO smart_scripts (entryorguid,source_type,id,link,event_type,event_phase_mask,event_chance,event_flags,event_param1,event_param2,event_param3,event_param4,action_type,action_param1,action_param2,action_param3,action_param4,action_param5,action_param6,target_type,target_param1,target_param2,target_param3,target_x,target_y,target_z,target_o,comment) VALUES
(@ENTRY,0,0,1,62,0,100,0,@ENTRY+6,0,0,0,15,@QUEST,0,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,“Talk Oachanoa - On gossip option select - quest complete”),
(@ENTRY,0,1,0,61,0,100,0,0,0,0,0,72,0,0,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,“Talk Oachanoa - On gossip option select - close gossip”);

DELETE FROM gossip_menu_option WHERE menu_id IN (@ENTRY+0,@ENTRY+1,@ENTRY+2,@ENTRY+3,@ENTRY+4,@ENTRY+5,@ENTRY+6);
INSERT INTO gossip_menu_option (menu_id, id, option_icon, option_text, option_id, npc_option_npcflag, action_menu_id, action_poi_id, box_coded, box_money, box_text) VALUES
(@ENTRY+0, 0, 0, ‘Little $C, why do you call me forth? Are you working with the trolls of this land? Have you come to kill me and take my power as your own?’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+1, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+1, 0, 0, ‘I sense uncertainty in you, and I do not trust it whether you are with them, or not. If you wish my augury for the Kaluak, you will have to prove yourself first.’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+2, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+2, 0, 0, ‘I will lay a mild compulsion upon you. Jump into the depths before me so that you put yourself into my element and thereby display your submission.’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+3, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+3, 0, 0, ‘Well done, $C. Your display of respect is duly noted. Now, I have information for you that you must convey to the Kaluak.’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+4, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+4, 0, 0, ‘Little $C, why do you call me forth? Are you working with the trolls of this land? Have you come to kill me and take my power as your own?’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+5, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+5, 0, 0, ‘Tell the mystic that his people are to stand and fight alongside the Horde and Alliance against the forces of Malygos and the Lich King.’, 1, 1, @ENTRY+6, 0, 0, 0, NULL),
(@ENTRY+6, 0, 0, 'Now swim back with the knowledge I have granted you. Do what you can for them. ', 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL);

[/sql][/CODE]

Event scripts is the problem. not handled properly. Best to wait for Events to be handled by SAI.

hmm…yes I understand…but…for the meantime it works ok so far. Sorry that I didn´t have time enough to help you @trinity with the sai from the other thread. Just as I get time I´ll try to focus to help

I think that the event_scripts part is very good, maybe change some things on the position where the creature spawns, like make him appear more high and a little far away. Check InhabitType because it will fall on the water if you don`t change it.

Also put a cooldown or something to not make the mob spawn all the times you want.

The problem with those creature texts is that they all have the same groupid value. When you make a creature say a text with SAI you call the value of the groupid of that creature entry (you put the groupid value in action_param1)

You need here to make the creature say different texts at different times, so you put groupid 0,1,2,3…,etc and id=0 in all of them. In action_param1 put those values of groupids at different times, you can control that with event_param1 and event_param2. Also make sure to not repeat the event, put event_flags=1 to do so.

Hope it can help you, good luck with these quest, seems pretty funny /emoticons/default_wink.png

I investigated some time ago with this quest and found an areatrigger, in the water you have to jump - may you need this areatrigger for a propper script:

• ID : 4951

• Map: 571

• X: 2432.399902

• Y: 1702.130005

• Z: -13.786900

• Size: 0.00

• Box_X: 65.900002

• Box_Y: 37.209999

• Box_Z: 105.099998

• Box_O: 0.00

if you want to look where it is situated

.tele dragonblight