[Trinity Zero Meta Thread]

I tough about this earlier on, I think it’s gonna be usefull.

Trinity Zero development is going to be back up in a couple days at this repo : HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero · GitHub . I just need to fix a very stupid build mistake and i’ll start working on it.

In the meantime, I would love it if you guys could get the source from this repo and start sending nice and well documented bug reports.

Thanks !

As Brian stated, your best bet is to start on 3.3.5a’s current state of code and tweak it enough to work with 1.12.1. Will take a month or so, but then your core is MUCH better than this one. It’s full of stupid core bugs that have been fixed over a period of time that passed since TrinityZero and now.

Problem is i’m far from having the knowledge required to do that, that’s why my personal choice is taking this code, do a maximum of SQL fixes (that’s what I do best) and spell/talent fixes, and hopefully some other devs will come in and do a couple commit requests for things I have no idea how to do.

It’s not going to work this way. That’s all I’m saying. And what’s keeping you from learning it?

Time (I only contribute on my spare time) , and the fact that I don’t have anyone to learn from and learning the entire language will take too much time, that I don’t have.

Didn’t Brian offer to help you? If you found some people that know C++ to help with that side of the project and you worked on sql it would go faster anyway.

Anyway, trying to revive that old project isn’t a bad idea. Someday I might get sick of 3.3.5a and want to try it. /emoticons/default_smile.png

Yep, I just fell like I won’t know how to do anything in the first days and that’s bad :confused:

Altough if anyone care to explain to me what are the needed Core modification, i’ll glady listen. I figure it’s not as easy as simply switching the Opcodes.h file /emoticons/default_wink.png

Hardisk, if you are serious, feel free to PM me. I can help you strip the core, put the old opcodes / handlers / etc…etc… back into place so that you can get in world. It would be a sandbox at first, but we build from there. That is how all client version changes happen. 1.12 is also MUCH easier to reverse engineer than any other client version – blizz put no real protection in place.

However, there will be an issue of content. This project would be MUCH easier with going back to 2.4.3 since there is still a lot of data out there from TBC. Your call though… I’ll help you get the core in world and functioning as well as can be with the data we have, but the CONTENT of 1.12 would have to come from you (spawns, scripts, text, etc…etc…).

– Brian

PM’ed

If I can get a 3.3.5 Trinity core working as a 1.12.1 server, I can take care of most of the TBC/Wotlk core cleanup , minor spell modification, and of courses almost everything that happens DB wide.

Thanks Brian /emoticons/default_smile.png

I’m gonna clean my Git repo later on in the night (it’s 20:15 here) and import the latest TrinityCore Rev

Hardisk, if you are a DB guy, do me a favor and grab the latest MaNGOS-Zero DB and start converting it for TC. Only care about spawns and templates for now.

– Brian

I allready have a Trinity-compatible 1.12.1 database ready on a backup disk /emoticons/default_wink.png

Are you there?

Had to reinitialise the repo, please re-follow it (same URL) if you were.

Github is being a douchebag, I have no idea what’s happening and it’s god damned 00:23 here, fuck you Github.

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git init

Reinitialized existing Git repository in /home/hardisk/Desktop/TZero_Repo/.git/

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git remote add origin https://github.com/HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

fatal: remote origin already exists.

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git push origin master

fatal: remote error:

You can’t push to git://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git

Use [email protected]:TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ cd TZero_Repo/^C

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git remote add origin git://github.com/HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git push

You can’t push to git://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git

Use [email protected]:TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ git remote add origin [email protected]:HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo$ g

ALLRIGHT I’m going to sleep before I throw my PC out the Window.

Use [email protected]:HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ touch lol

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ git add -A

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ git add lol

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ git commit -m "lol"

[master e93de04] lol

0 files changed

create mode 100644 lol

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ git push

You can't push to git://github.com/HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

hardisk@hardisk-Aspire-8730:~/Desktop/TZero_Repo/Trinity-Zero$ git push origin master

*fatal: remote error:

You can't push to git://github.com/HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git

Just delete the “origin” remote and recreate it by using that command : [FONT=helvetica]git remote add origin [/FONT][FONT=helvetica][email protected][/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:HardiskFromYT/Trinity-Zero.git[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]“git remote add” doesn’t override already existing remotes apparently.[/FONT]

ALLRIGHT so,

• I fixed the repo, It was broken due to me being a sleepy dumbass last night.

• Imported the latest 3.3.5 rev of the core

• Gave Brian commit rights, I have the database ready, I’m waiting for the needed Core patches.

Gimme access as well.

https://github.com/Discover-

Done

Ah when I got my mount at level 40, good times /emoticons/default_smile.png

I’d also help in such project /emoticons/default_smile.png

Fork the repo, pull request, if you do a couple nice pull request i’ll consider adding you as a dev. We are currently trying to clean the core of TBC/Wotlk content