TrinityManager - Renewed

Some of you from the early days of TrinityCore may remember a PHP interface called TrinityManager. At the time, it was the only web-interface being developed to replace the obsolete minimanager for trinitycore. I am the original author of it, and after having problem after problem with my development machine, I gave up on it, but I am now revamping it, and bringing it back!

Over the last few days, I have been working diligently on updating the code, and making it compatible with the 3.3.5 client, and trinitycore’s latest DB builds. It’s still got a long way to go, but I would like to present it for everyone to see. Please note, that the codebase is nearly 3 years old, and needs a serious overhaul, which I am in the process of doing.

The URL of the source, if you are interested in looking at it is:

trinitymanager - Web-based server and account management - Google Project Hosting

I haven’t been able to update the SVN with the new changes, but it will give you an idea of what it looked like.

For a currently WIP progress of the system, take a look at [/URL][URL=“http://ex0r.dyndns.org:81/~trinitymanager/”]http://ex0r.dyndns.org:81/~trinitymanager/ for a demo. (Use demo/demo for username/password)

NOTICE: I am currently looking for help. Originally, there was me and one more person working on this project (I was the PHP developer, he was the HTML/CSS guy), and now it’s just me. I can’t do it all, and since I am looking to present an updated UI and overall layout along with the new codebase, I am looking for somebody who is experienced with HTML 4 and CSS that can work along side me in getting the layout done. If interested, shoot me a PM or post a comment.

There doesn’t seem to be alot of interest in this project. I’m looking to revamp the code and add in a bunch of new features, but there doesn’t seem to be any interest in it, so if that’s the case i’m not going to spend the time redoing it.

Demo link doesn’t work. /emoticons/default_unsure.png

Actually i am searching for this kind of tool already for some time now,

i gave your script a try and edited it to fit my sql database,

but i got an error telling me that it cant find the realmd also i changed the realmd to auth in the config.

Can i use your script with the latest build of tc, or does it have to be renewed from scratch?

Greetings,

alex

snitride, It’s currently still being worked on, and the source on the project page is outdated, so unfortunately doesn’t work. The one I am developing now (and need to upload a revised copy of), is currently working on 3.3.5 build of trinitycore.

If you would like, send me a PM and I can discuss the project with you. I plan to do a commit soon of what I have so far, but i’m really trying to hold back until I can get the interface and layout changed. Still looking to get some help with that.

EDIT: For anyone trying to visit the demo page, it should be working now. I currently don’t have an active host so I am using my local development server to show the progress of it. If it’s not loading, please give it a couple of hours and try again as my dns is probably refreshing.

EDIT 2: It appears the forums are malforming the link, this is the link to the demo site:

[/URL][URL=“http://ex0r.dyndns.org”]http://ex0r.dyndns.org :81/~trinitymanager/

(remove the space between .org and :81)

EDIT 3: I updated the SVN to accomodate the changes needed to get it functioning again with current TrinityCore revisions. Please note that this is still in development, and is in the process of getting a complete code rewrite and layout change. What you see now is code fixed to make a useable solution until the new changes are implemented.

Hi, i lurked a bit through your sources and i’ve noticed that you abuse if statements. if should be used to check for bool values.

For example:

realmtype function, originally

[CODE]<?php
function realmtype() {
global $realm;

if (($realm['icon'] == 0) || ($realm['icon'] == 4)) {
            return 'Normal';
    }
    elseif ($realm['icon'] == 1) {
            return 'PVP';
    }
    elseif ($realm['icon'] == 6) {
            return 'RP';
    }
    elseif ($realm['icon'] == 8) {
            return 'RP PVP';
    }

}
// could be done by:
function realmtype($realm) {
$types = array(0 => ‘Normal’,1 => ‘PVP’,4 => ‘Normal’,6 => ‘RP’,8 => ‘RP PVP’);
return $types[$realm[‘icon’]];
}
?>
[/php][/CODE]
and theres more places when you could use a simple array instead of N if’s

Thats why i prefer writing something from scratch then rewriting old code.

Now im lurking into TrinityManager at your home host. About the CSS, i like it this way. this is an account manager - not webdesigner’s portfolio. Just take a look at phpmyadmin, doesnt look neat and yet its one of the most popular MySQL management tools. I dont think that you configured characters database properly:

[CODE]Notice: Undefined variable: realmid in C:\Webs\trinitymanager\char_main.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\Webs\trinitymanager\char_main.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: realmid in C:\Webs\trinitymanager\char_main.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: realmid in C:\Webs\trinitymanager\char_main.php on line 13

Error connecting to database![/CODE]

[/SPOILER]
Thanks for that, should be fixed now. My host for some reason keeps dropping connections to mysql. As for the css, i’m not looking to do a complete graphical overhaul, I want to stick to mainly css, but alot of the features I have ready to be implemented don’t work with the current system/layout. I want it to be just as basic as it is now, but with room for the new features.

I plan on rewriting the code, that’s what I am attempting to do /emoticons/default_smile.png I put the temporary solution up as a place-holder so others can see what the project is and what it plans to be when it’s completed.

@ex0r if this project is still being developed, I can offer you a web server to develop on. I own 6 servers throughout the united states. All Linux.

I can also create a svn project for you and help develop this thing.

Again if this project is still alive.