3.3.5a to 6.x Upgrade

Hello all,

I am attempting the jump to the 6.x branch from 3.3.5a and was unable to find any information on migrating my auth and characters databases. Is this possible? Perhaps I am overlooking it. I saw a reference to Nay possibly providing some scripts to do so in http://community.trinitycore.org/topic/10582-6x-is-now-the-supported-branch-620-20444/?page=2 but haven’t seen anything since. Also, if so, is there a method to convert standard logins to battle.net logins? I am attempting to update from TDB 335.57 to 6.02.

Thanks!

Theoretically you can migrate one DB to the other by applying all the character_updates one by one in order (including the ones in /old) however I can’t guarantee that won’t go without issues.

I planned to provide an easier way to migrate but I haven’t been able to do it yet and probably it won’t happen any time soon.

You’ll need to convert wow accounts to bnet by your own means (i.e passwords have to be re-generated, they can’t be re-used).

Also notice that 6.x is in a very alpha-ish state, there’s a lot of things broken.

Nay, thanks for the response! Looks like I will be testing 6.x instead of fully committing to it. I’ll still attempt to get some data migrated in the meantime. I’ll let you know how it goes, and what I did if I can get it to work.