A non technical user needing major help please.

Hello there,

3 years ago I managed (somehow) to install (2018.03.18_TrinityCore 3.3.5a Server_by Bretti1993) and have been running it fine ever since just for myself and my son on a LAN.

I recently noticed that NPC bots were available as a mod / patch for Trinity Core. I have downloaded (TrinityCore-3.3.5-with-NPCBots-npcbots_3.3.5.zip) but im absolutely lost.

As I said im not technical, and have no idea how to compile anything, does anyone please know if theres a simple way to just “import” the mod/patch into my existing TCore??

Or if theres a download for the entire server (TC 3.3.5 and the bots) already merged and ready to run?

Hope this is in the right place, its my first message, and hope this isnt a crazy question.

Many thanks for any help,
Thorium.

Hello and welcome Thorium :slight_smile:

What you are using at the moment is what we call a "Repack". A precompiled version from a specific date/state of the source, packed together and most likely ready to use (comes with a mobile sql server version in most cases).
While it might appear as a plus to not bother with the compile process at all, using a repack comes with a lot of downsides too.
One of them is, that you are unable to modify your software (aside from database values). So sadly, its not possible for you to "import" the needed code for npc bots in your current environment.

We have a very detailed guide on how to build your very own trinitycore server (Wiki) that can be combined directly with using a prepatched repository right from the npc-bots author (Link) instead of the original Trinitycore code.

If this doesnt fit your needs, there are some websites known for offering Repacks that might work for you ([google link](https://www.google.com/search?q=trinitycore+with+npc+bots+repack&oq=trinitycore+with+npc+bots+repack)). I can at least suggest the work of Zaicopx and Parkan, since i know both of them a bit.

Be aware that it can be very complicated or potentially impossible to fully migrate your game state from your current server to a new one (related to mismatching database structure) and it might also be very difficult to get a helping hand for this.

Thank you so much Jinnai, I managed to download TC for 3.3.5 with Bots already in there.

Very simple process to install it (thank heavens cos im a dork), took 5 mins!!

Thanks for all your help,
Thorium.

Actually Jinnai, I got everything installed (I think) but the .npcbot commands dont work :frowning:

My procedure
I downloaded “WotLK Single Player Repack Update 9” and the “data” pack, from the posting of Zaicopx (Thread: TrinityCore NPCBots Repack (Update 25-06-2020).

I ran the repack.exe and it made the folder just fine, then I ran the data.exe and once finished I put the data folder into that same folder.

I then ran “MySql, the Auth Server, the World Server” and then made an account, ran 3.3.5 client and logged in just fine.

Made a toon, logged on and tried to use the command “.npcbot lookup” as shown on the “NPCBot Manual @ github.com/trickerer/Trinity-Bots#npcbot-getting-started” but it didnt work.

Instead of giving me a listing of “BOT_CLASS_WARRIOR = 1” etc, as shown on the manual, it just gives this:

USAGE: .npcbot …Possible subcommands:|- npcbot command|- npcbot distance|- npcbot hide|- npcbot info|- npcbot kill|- npcbot order|- npcbot recall|- npcbot show|- npcbot suicide|- npcbot unhide|- npcbot vehicle

Im not sure how to spawn a bot now and im very lost. Have I done something wrong, have I missed a step??

As ive said before im not very technical, and any help would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Thorium.

Without trying it myself, i would say this is related to your accounts security level.

Since the amount of existing NPC Bots is limited and they also are quite resource intense, its prevented by default that everyone can spawn them.

Therefore, a normal player account only has access to a limited set of commands. Create a GM account or upgrade your current account to GM level.

This should give you access to everything.

If you are not familiar with this, here is the overview of commands needed for it - for this process you have to use the worldserver console: List

You want to look for: account set gmlevel

Totally correct Jinnai, GM level 2 is required for spawning bots. You really are one helpful person, well done mate :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help,
Thorium.