[BAT] Old TDB Sql Merger

Hello everyone!

Today I created a .bat file which gets all the SQL files from OLD TDB versions.

NOTE: ADD THIS FILE TO “CONTRIB” FOLDER ON YOUR “TRINITY” FOLDER

What does it do?

• It creates 1 to 3 sql files in EACH TDB Version. A file for auth database, another for characters, and another for world, depending if there was an update of that database or not in that TDB version.

Why did you create this?

• I created this file to help the people who have their database with an outdated TDB version and want to update it to a newer version which has more fixes.

• And to help the updating process, if this file wasn’t created you need OR find the older TDB versions and then update the .sql files one by one OR go to the TrinityCore’s github repository and find all the outdated TDB versions (from your version to the newer one) to update your db’s.

How do I use it?

• First you need to double click on the file, it will open a window with a bunch of lines and it might stop sometimes but don’t worry it’s still loading;

• Then to know what TDB version you have, go to your world database and find the table “version” and where is says “db_version” It should say something like “TDB 335.xx” (beeing “xx” the number of the version you have). After that, go back to your contrib file and search for the file with the same version of your database

Exs.: world_TDB32_to_TDB33_updates.sql - characters_TDB32_to_TDB33_updates.sql - auth_TDB32_to_TDB33_updates.sql - (Beeing “TDB32” the current version)

• Then execute the files from that version up until these “world_60.sql/auth_60.sql/characters_60.sql” then execute the updates on the “update” folder and you should be good to go!

Attention - There SHOULD be errors while you’re executing the .sql files to your database because firstly they are old and have bugs, secondly no one is 100% perfect in coding.

Download - [ATTACH]1929._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=8px]Last Update - 19/09/2016[/SIZE]

Thank You

SkyLiner

Why do that when TDB releases already have those files merged?

No they dont, the OLD files aren’t merged at all.

And this is for people who have older versions of TDB and want to “upgrade” their TDB version to a newwer one

how it’s work and what they add in my db ?

@SkyLiner every TDB .7z has an update directory with merged SQLs since the previous TDB release

Exacly only the previous one.

It just updates your db’s to match the new compiled cores.

TDB 61 contains 60 to 61 updates, TDB 60 contains 59 to 60, TDB 59 contains 58 to 59, etc, without having to run this thing. also, if you don’t have updated core for so long time usually is better to import latest tdb it will be far faster.

Why when a person tries to help with that he’s done you always say that he’s done wrong and that the work he has done isn’t worth for nothing?

Besides people don’t know that, normally they just download the latest TDB.

And If their DB has edits, how will they update it whitout losing all of the npc’s and edited items? If updating with these .sql’s doesn’t work then sorry for posting this.

It certainly is funny, in a custom code section, to have “that’s not needed for normal installs” or “you shouldn’t have waited so long to get updates” claimed as an excuse that you wasted your time. I ran into many issues while updating from the only backup I had when I accidentally deleted my up to date database. I did add a weekly backup of all databases to my maintenance, which I had forgotten to include, just because of that ordeal. The server couldn’t apply updates properly, and there were duplicate files to be applied. Now, granted, I’m using the no longer “official” 4.3.4 branch, but it showed me that the built-in database update process is still fragile and far from perfect. It wouldn’t even create the empty database on its own, and I did have the “full” database file where it was supposed to be. I had a bunch of custom content, and database structure changes would have caused a lot more work for me than having to babysit and fix the automated update process.

4.3.4 may not be officially supported by Trinity, and I understand why (can’t do any quality if they spread themselves over too many projects). The 4.3.4 server is still being worked on, though. That branch had some updates just today, even. I am grateful to see that I was not alone in my desire for that server. I simply didn’t like the changes in 5.0 and up, which was why I cancelled my retail subscription.

Its true the first thing you said, because firstly I posted this because on github a TrinityCore Member suggested it to me and I did it, and it was my fault not to say what the file did or why you needed it which I will add on the post. I personally think that there are people who just want to see other people’s work and try to find something bad, even if it’s tiny, just to “shut them down” and say that what that person did is sh*t, or worthless.

I did not add this on to the forum for no reason, I added because It was suggested that I added if I wanted to.

Plus this will help tons of people who have a lower version of TDB than the current one because they don’t know or because they don’t want to get all the TDB files on the TrinityCore’s github just to update there own Databases. And it’s useless to find all the TDB’s on the repository, because there are already the sql’s of the older TDB’s on the “Trinity” files when you Pull from the repository.

[CENTER]Updated![/CENTER]