Gems with RandomProperties roll.

I am using a Trinitycore DB 3.3.5a.

And here is what I am trying to do.

I am trying to make gems with no natural stats.The gem gets a roll with random properties like a normal wow item would. I just cant seem to get the gems to act right once socketed.

All of the entries I used to create a test gem are preexisting entries.

So I took entry #32206 in the item_database which goes to a Rigid Lionseye.

I changed the GemProperties to 2.

I then went into WDBX and opened Gemproperties and SpellItemEnchantment.

In Gemproperties I went to entry 2 and changed Enchant_ID to 66.

Then I went to SpellItemEnchantment. Entry #66 is already preset to +1 Stamina.

For testing sake, I changed +1 Stamina to +5 Stamina. (I also changed the Effectpointsmin_1 and Effectspointmax_1 from 1 to 5.)

I saved them. Put them into a patch file. Cleared my cache. Loaded a game.

When I .additem 32206 I successfully get a “Rigid Lionseye of Stamina”.

But the item reads +1 Stamina and once I put the gem into a socket the socket then reads “+5 Stamina” and the gem disappears from the socket below rather than being locked into that location like a normal gem would be.

Am I missing a part of the socketing process in a DB somewhere that I don’t know of?

I have tried this with new entries for all three parts (new gem, new gemproperties entry, new spellitemenchantment entry) and the result was even worse. It won’t even accept it into the socket when pushing Add to Socket.

So my question is: Is this even possible or should I just abandon this idea now and move now.

I’d really like for this to work! As I plan on all the weapons/armor to just have base Dmg/Armor and every item will have sockets that are socketed with these random rolled gems.

Thanks in advance!

It’s not possible, you can’t have random enchatments on gems (because once you put the gem in a socket it stops being an item and only has SpellItemEnchantment from that point, no way to recover what stat was rolled or anything like that)

I was afraid of that.

Thanks Shauren!

So I’ve also tried it without the RandomProperties roll. So just straight, edit the SpellItemEnchantment from +1 Stamina to +2 Stamina. But the gem still says +1 Stamina until it it socketed then it says +2 Stamina like its intended? That SpellItemEnchantment table doesn’t like to be changed it seems. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Well, you would need to give every client a patch with your modified dbcs…