Get Your Sniffers Ready - 6.0.2 Pre-Patch Event On 2014-10-14

In the past we missed gathering data for the AQ gate opening event and I belive the Scourge Invasion event so I thought I’d post an alert that the WoD pre-launch event is starting.

Would be nice if we could get some sniffs for when this is over and the full patch hits in November.

Note: When I launched Launcher.exe (on a 434 client), it updated itself and then said there was a 10GB patch available… yikes! Also, I won’t be able to participate in this event since my account has no level 90s.

Note: A video I watched on YouTube mentioned that this event is phased so people under 90 don’t see it

Patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide Crashes into Azeroth October 14

[ul][li]Treacherous Developments[/li]
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.

In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.

Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.

[li]The Infiltration of Blackrock Spire[/li]
An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.

Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde.
[/ul]

Sniffer for version 5.4.8 (build 18414) is not compatible with 6.0.2 (build 19033). Unless there’s some version I’m unfamiliar with?

I know I’m anxious… a lot of old content (cata raids) is ridiculously easy now.

Has there been any word on if the invasion is temporary, like with previous launches, or will the quest chain simply be expanded after launch to send up through the portal, instead of reporting to our faction leaders?

In WotLK and TBC betas, I believe the x.0.2 event wasn’t present, and was exclusively in the PTR. I can attest that the 6.0.2 stuff that’s currently live is already in the beta, so my assumption is that it will remain as the introduction to WoD. Of course, everything is an assumption until WoD comes out or Blizzard officially confirms it.

I don’t know but that’s why I made the “announcement”.

It is a best guess to say that this will be only temporary just like with previous pre-expansion contents (Scourge invasion before WotLK, Elemental attack before Cataclysm, dunno what before MoP as I didn’t really play during that time). So, expect to see quests removed and things get a bit silent as soon as WoD gets removed.

Take first batch of quests, destroy 3 war machines, kill 8 orcs and look through the spy-glass, turn in and take next batch to stop 3 NPCs from being executed and kill 8 scouts (rogues). Next batch, get 3 items from Stormgarde keep, plant 3 flags and kill 3 “badass” Orcs. Next batch, poison ogre’s food, kill 8 of them and their leader, after that kill overseer of Iron Horde on Azeroth and then report to the king…

To tell you the truth, I am a bit disappointed by this pre-expansion content… They described that playing experience for it will be on the same level as Death Knights during their initial quest chains in Acherus however, I don’t know if it’s because of Stat Squish or because it was made that way but it feels like nothing special and it feels kinda short.

I haven’t heard of something like that, but what you describe sounds like the first questing zone in WoD, not the pre-expansion content that just became live.

Exodius: one dungeon has been temporarily changed, look it up on WowHead.

Yeah, I know… First 3 bosses of UBRS.

I personally would assume it is a temp event due to the feat of strength achievement for completing it.

Not to mention the fact that the quest chain checks your IScore andand rewards you items to get your score high enough for WoD content

The only thing that makes me question whether this is temporary, is the cinematic showing the hero characters fighting their way through the portal. They could keep the current event as-is when WoD launches, only instead of reporting to the faction leaders, you proceed to assault the portal. We’ll see in a few weeks…