How to configure Git and Git Extensions during install? (EDIT: Now it's a TrinityCore extractors issue)

EDIT: Managed to fix this issue somehow. Reinstalled Git Extractor, chose default install settings instead of Windows-friendly, double checked the directories and created a CMAKE_ROOT system variable same as the BOOST_ROOT one. Not sure which thing was the one that worked, but I guess never underestimate the power of double checking and turning it off and on again.

The only issue I’m having now is getting the mmaps extracted. I get a “Build mmaps_generator in RelWithDebInfo or Release mode or it will take hours to complete!!!
Use ‘–allowDebug’ argument if you really want to run this tool in Debug.” message, but when I try to just type in “–allowDebug” like it says it just kicks me back to the beginning and won’t proceed. I’m not sure how to tell it to do so. I don’t mind if it takes hours, I just want it to do the thing. When I compiled according to the steps and files provided the only folder in C:/Build/bin that populated was Debug so kinda stuck with that.

I have been trying to use the following guide for compiling my own Trinity server from scratch: https://trinitycore.info/install/requirements/windows

This is my first time doing any of this. I am not a developer or programmer of any kind. The old repack I was using stopped working. I’m doing my best.

There is a part that says “view this thread for important details on how to install, etc” but there is no link to any thread. That’s for Git. Additionally, in Git Extensions I choose the middle option when installing but upon a fresh install most of the Config lines are red. It wants me to set an email address (that I can do), Mergetool path, other such things none of which I understand. This part of the guide was missing or glossed over.

I suspect something is wrong with either one of those because I followed all other instructions meticulously and CMake gives me an error right out the gate with telling me the project files may be invalid, configuration error. I did Open SSL 1.1.1, I installed everything for Windows 64-bit (though there was no option to choose that for the Visual Studio, I chose all the options pictured).

Apologies for rambling, I just want to give as much information as I can and I don’t know what I’m doing. Thank you for any help.