How to contribute?

I’ve been playing a bit of retail lately and downloaded the TC master branch to see how it compares. Needless to say there’s a lot missing in TC and I was thinking: what if I could capture the data while playing in retail and then recreate it for TC?

Only problem is I have no idea how to go about it. I’ve seen some tools like wow sniffer but that’s it. Is there a tutorial or something?

1 Like

Depends on your level of knowledge. Google will help you find lots of things if the forum search doesn’t find what you need. There is a wiki, lots of stuff posted on the forums, and the trinity-utilities section. Doesn’t take a packet sniffer to fix a lot of the missing stuff. But the tools are out there.

I’m a programmer, I’ve worked in Unity, Unreal Engine and various .NET technologies (ASP, WPF, etc.). I think I can handle myself, I just need to learn how to work within the TC framework. I guess my best bet is to look at what has already been done on GitHub?

Easy for you to start then. Grab the source, build and test it. No end of things that need fixing and once you start submitting patches you’ll find out if they’re accepted or not. I’d guess there is still an unsupported fixes section in the forums where things that aren’t accepted or won’t ever be for the main project can be submitted. One of my all time favorites was a single player mod that scaled dungeons and raids to single or few player levels so people could do end game group content solo or with a couple friends.