MaNGOS-Bot (former Playerbot-AI)

Release mode crashlogs are useless.

oh, Sorry bout that, ill provide a crashlog under debugmode.

Ike3

Is it possible to make the bots be able to play in battlegrounds?

I know that is a huge task, but that would make wow a true single player game with these bots.

Hope you consider it.

How i can get this bots on my TriniteCore? Have patch ?

This is a huge task indeed. Also bot AI is heavily based on threat and other PvE mechanics which are not enough for PvP so even if it is done the bots would be killed by almost any player in a matter of seconds. I’d say almost all strategies and the engine needs to be changed for PvP /emoticons/default_sad.png

Hi, help needed.

Trying to use the build from https://github.com/ike3/mangosbot.git

Using the latest database download, I get this error when the worldserver starts.

I ran the extractor to generate the dbc folder in my 335a client folder.

I was able to get the server working when I used the core from the main github.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Sol

Error messsage friom worldserver:

http://TrinityCore.org /__/

Using configuration file worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1i 6 Aug 2014 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.1i 6 Aug 2014
)
Using Boost version: 1.55.0
Realm running as realm ID 1
Using World DB: TDB 335.55
Will clear logs table of entries older than 1209600 seconds every 10 minutes.
Using DataDir ./
WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
Loading Trinity strings…

Loaded 1022 trinity strings in 0 ms
Initialize data stores…
SQL and DBC format strings are not matching for table: ‘spell_dbc’
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 71356 at field id:2108 at spellid0 does not exist in
SpellStore (spell.dbc), loaded as 0
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 71803 at field id:2108 at spellid1 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 72111 at field id:2136 at spellid0 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 72125 at field id:2136 at spellid1 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 70816 at field id:2146 at spellid0 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 72233 at field id:2146 at spellid1 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 72234 at field id:2146 at spellid2 does not exist in
spelldifficulty_dbc: spell 72235 at field id:2146 at spellid3 does not exist in
Some required *.dbc files (1 from 106) not found or not compatible:
./dbc/Spell.dbc exists, and has 234 field(s) (expected 234). Extracted file migh
t be from wrong client version or a database-update has been forgotten.

Get TDB 56.

Hi, thank you for replying.

In the error message it says “[COLOR=rgb(40,40,40)]Using World DB: TDB 335.55”, but I downloaded TDB_full_335.56_2014_09_21.7z

I downloaded TDB 56 again, and checked the code, both the full and the last update set db_version=‘TDB 335.55’

I downloaded the previous versions of the database and checked the db_version, both 335_53 and 335_54 both contain

INSERT INTO version VALUES (‘’,‘’,‘TDB 335.53’,53); since then the version numbers have been out of sync.

As this occurred in July, I would assume this wouldn’t cause the error message.

Can anyone who has this working , confirm which database version they are using, - also should I use a previous database and just update through the versions?

Sol

Seems there was a new db version introduced in TC and playerbot branch became outdated. It is recommended ether wait until the changes are merged into the branch or do the actual merge on your own. There should be no conflicts as playerbot is a static library which is almost completely separated from the core in plugins directory.

Did the merge - seems ok.

I’m using a trinity server for WotLK and it functions just fine, which is awesome and I have been having a blast in it. I recently saw that playerbots exist and I was wondering, as a newbie myself, if there was a step-by-step guide. I didn’t compile my server, I just downloaded it and it worked fine out of the box so I’m kind of in a dark area as to what to do to get playerbots functioning on trinitycore. I’ve seen mention of merging files, so can I just take the mangosbot-trinity-woltk-ai folder and just add it to my trinity server folder? Anyways, thanks for all the great work you guys do, and thanks for any help beforehand.

PS: I’ve tried to move it over and it didn’t work, but I didn’t know if maybe I messed something up.

I would suggest looking at the main Trinity core page http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/TrinityCore+Home, which has a step by step guide including all the software you need to build a Trinity core including the database. (Result : Log in and play)

Hi, i tried the latest mangosbot source, with the latest trinitycore source.

it seems that the bot doesnt move at all? like some of them move but majority dont move, i did not altered anything in the config execept to enable the random bot.

Also all of their names are “Unknown”, the first time i tried it they have proper names after a few reboots this happened.

Any fix for this?

Also Ike3 can you use this SQL file i created for playerbot names, i generated alot of real names

realnames.rar

Thanks for the sql /emoticons/default_smile.png Current names are obtained from some kind of fantasy name generator but they do look strange.

[COLOR=rgb(40,40,40)]it seems that the bot doesnt move at all?

Although AiPlayerbot.RandomBotNonCombatStrategies = +grind,+move random,+loot by default seems something prevents “move random” strategy to make bots to move. Investigation is requied as on R2 it worked fine.

Welcome Ike3, im also wondering with this “Unknown” name bug. i cant whisper them nor invite them since all of their names is Unknown. But when you check in the WHO list. their names is fine.

Also one last thing, do you have a way to delete the characters and all its data if their account doesnt exist at all? i accidentally deleted all the mangosbot account. and still all of the characters are still there LOL

Greetings IKE> Been a huge fan of your work since like forever. Used your bots on almost any project, CLassic/BC/WOTLK. Was sad that there was nothing close to it for TC. I can now die in peace! THank you so much for this!

Hi ike3 do you have a skype? or a proper section or forum where i can talk to you regarding some bugs?

Question: Anyone know how to have the bots keep behind when you stop running? One always runs ahead, so they stand in a cross patten with you at the centre.

Thanks

Try formation shield/arrow/chaos/circle in party/guild/whisper chat.

Ahbot not working?

I have ahbot set up with character guid, yet I can’t see any items in the AH, ever.

TrinityCore rev. eb577316d181

TDB_full_335.57_2014_10_19 + (update) 2014_10_19_00_world

Also, how to enable bot debug?

The latest revision won’t compile on Debian 7, because of this line in multiple files:

#include “…/…/plugins/Ahbot/AhBot.h”

Needs to be changed to:

#include "../../plugins/ahbot/AhBot.h"

I added it to Issues on Ike/mangosbot repo.

I went back one commit and everything compile and runs fine.