MaNGOS-Bot (former Playerbot-AI)

Hey all,

This is just an announcement that the Playerbot AI mod was renamed to MaNGOS-Bot and was finally ported to the TrinityCore.

More information can be found at http://ike3.github.io/mangosbot-docs/

Old forum topic: https://www.getmangos.eu/playerbot-playerbot-ai/6873-ai-playerbot.html

P.S. Trinity Core is a great project, thanks to all devs for this awesome job!

Thx for porting this patch /emoticons/default_smile.png

I noticed your Docs indicate that you include an auctionhouse bot. Will this conflict with the AHBot that was recently merged with Trinity?

Haven’t tried the latest revision yet but the another one needs to be turned off. Playebot and auction bot are coupled together because ahbot uses random bots as buyers/sellers and playerbots use market prices for trading with players though the Trade window.

… Wow

Nice can’t wait for more to come on this project /emoticons/default_smile.png

Keep up the good work ike3 !!

src/test/cppunit/Portability.h:18:37: fatal error: cppunit/config-auto.h: No such file or directory

include <cppunit/config-auto.h>

Hmm i got compile errors under ubuntu 14.04:

compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.
make[2]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Handlers/CharacterHandler.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have compiled trinity core many times without issue before.

my error also came from 14.04

can you provide us a patch only file? or is this safe to merge with the latest trinitycore sources?

Ubuntu build was fixed in [ai-0.36-46]. I usually pull the core repo weekly/monthly after a smoke test that everything is ok. There should be some incompatibility with the new auction house bot recently added to the core but in general there is no issues during updates if no core API is changed.

Update: Actually did the merge. Seems ok.

i do hope this is ready with the latest source, as i tried to merge them earlier it has alot of conflicts. I really want to test this bot out

Thanks for updating the source code ike3, but there are casual freeze and crashes.

“there are casual freeze and crashes” don’t helps developer at all without proper logs.

@aokromes

Sorry bout that man, also to ike3 im just a newbie, im still learning… dont worry ill get back once i knew how to give you proper logs and maybe gave you guys the cause why its crashing. beside that you guys did a great job

http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/1518-trouble-with-your-trinity-install-readme-1st-faqs/#entry47672

Unfortunately it is impossible to fix a crash without the crash log. Slowdowns can happen sometimes as random bots bring some heavy load to the core. By default there are 200-300 bots (you can say players) online spread on the world. They are moving, killing, looting, gathering etc. Also 64-bit system is recommended to supply the necessary memory for such a number of players and almost all grid cells active.

Load can be reduced by reducing the number of bots in aiplayerbot.conf:

AiPlayerbot.MinRandomBots = 200
AiPlayerbot.MaxRandomBots = 300

‘rndbot reset’ command and server restart is recommended after changing these values as the system won’t change anything until the next randomization tick (from several days to week by default).

@ike3

Is it normal that bots teleports on their own? and reponse slowly? and even level fast?

also their names are “unknown” i got like 30 bots spawned only

I encounter two issues here using the latest MangosBot source merged with the latest source of trinitycore

first mySQL is eating 100% CPU after i type .bot ingame and an error occur in console

Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items white’ in command ‘ahbot items white’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items green’ in command ‘ahbot items green’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items blue’ in command ‘ahbot items blue’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items purple’ in command ‘ahbot items purple’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items orange’ in command ‘ahbot items orange’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘items yellow’ in command ‘ahbot items yellow’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘ratio’ in command ‘ahbot ratio’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘ratio alliance’ in command ‘ahbot ratio alliance’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘ratio horde’ in command ‘ahbot ratio horde’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘ratio neutral’ in command ‘ahbot ratio neutral’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘rebuild’ in command ‘ahbot rebuild’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘reload’ in command ‘ahbot reload’, skip.
Table command have unexpected subcommand ‘status’ in command ‘ahbot status’, skip.

Next is freeze and crashes when random bot is enabled

Heres my logs : Click Here

Thank You.