Playerbots NPC bots

I need some help with testing, as my time is limited. I got playerbots and npcbots to compile again, and the only testing I have done is to bring a playerbot into the world.

I need people to start testing, and post any problems in issues on bitbucket.

https://bitbucket.org/lordpsyan/trinitycore-patches is where you will find playerbots. Only for 3.3.5a at this time.

.npc add 60000

that will get you the npc that spawns bots.

A few of the commands:

.bot add {playername}

.bot remove {playername}

.npcbot add {class}

.npcbot remove {class}

and I think:

.bot tele {playername}

This one should bring the playerbot to you, since teleport doesn’t always work, but does not consistently error, so fixing isnt easy. yup, it’s a hackwork-a-round.

Eventually I will add a readme file (in docs folder) that explains all the commands. for now, try /t {playerbotsname} help

to get a list of commands that may or may not work.

Will begin testing

Going to Test it … Thx for this

UPDATE:

Reloading the server and making sure RBAC was all squared away seems to have fixed the problem. I’ll continue testing and going through all the whisper commands tomorrow.

-Solved-

Been testing it for a little bit after using your ALL.patch. NPCBots work as expected, no problems there. I am able to add, remove, and teleport playerbots just like you said. However I can’t get access to the whisper commands since I get “No player named ‘charname’ is currently playing.” even though they appear on the who list and appear as online in the database. I can’t completely rule it out as an issue on my end so I’m not going to post as an issue. Any feedback or suggestions as to what could cause that to happen would be greatly appreciated. Also, thank you very much for your great patches Psyan.

Probably has something to do with GM settings. Try allowing GM whispers in the config. and switch GM on and off

The only way i found to correct the issue was the work around (hack) posted in issues on bitbucket. “[COLOR=rgb(51,51,51)]I’m sure player can’t whisper to playerbot,but after I change these code from ChatHandler.ccp,it works fine.”

[COLOR=rgb(0,64,128)]if (!receiver || (!receiver->isAcceptWhispers() && receiver->GetSession()->HasPermission(rbac::RBAC_PERM_CAN_FILTER_WHISPERS) && !receiver->IsInWhisperWhiteList(sender->GetGUID())))
{
SendPlayerNotFoundNotice(to);
[COLOR=rgb(0,64,128)]return;
}
change to

[COLOR=rgb(0,64,128)]if (!receiver)
{
SendPlayerNotFoundNotice(to);
[COLOR=rgb(0,64,128)]return;
}

An “official” fix inside the patch has not been implemented yet as far as i can tell. Hope this helps

Hello, I’m trying it too, I managed to be able to whisper to bots (thanks to Sycoruler) but nothing happens when I whisper “follow” or “attack”, is it working for anybody ?

If I whisper for example “help” or “skill” it’s working.

I’m going to give this a shot, it looks promising.

I added the change from Sycoruler to Playerbots patch (not yet in ALL, but will add it shortly). This should allow me to test whisper commands further. It seems the whisper commands that tell the bot to do something are being ignored. I have not dug too deep into the code, to see why yet. Hopefully I will have a chance to look at it today.

Lovin’ this, keep it up /emoticons/default_smile.png

hi eveyone

i have problem, when i apply the patch ALL-New-NPCBots.patch

CMD give me error

C:TrinityCore>git apply ALL-New-NPCBots.patch
error: doc/AuctionHouseBot.txt: already exists in working directory
error: sql/TrinityCore-Patches/All-In-One/auth_AIO.sql: already exists in workin
g directory
error: sql/TrinityCore-Patches/All-In-One/characters_AIO.sql: already exists in
working directory
error: sql/TrinityCore-Patches/All-In-One/world_AIO.sql: already exists in worki
ng directory
error: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/AuctionHouseBot.cpp: already
exists in working directory
error: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/AuctionHouseBot.h: already e
xists in working directory
error: patch failed: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp:171
error: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseMgr.h:25
error: src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseMgr.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Battleground.h:375
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Battleground.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundBE.cpp:65
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundBE.cpp: patch does not ap
ply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundDS.cpp:153
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundDS.cpp: patch does not ap
ply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundNA.cpp:62
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundNA.cpp: patch does not ap
ply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundRL.cpp:62
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundRL.cpp: patch does not ap
ply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundRV.cpp:100
error: src/server/game/Battlegrounds/Zones/BattlegroundRV.cpp: patch does not ap
ply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/CMakeLists.txt:9
error: src/server/game/CMakeLists.txt: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Entities/Player/Player.cpp:17537
error: src/server/game/Entities/Player/Player.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Globals/ObjectMgr.h:1295
error: src/server/game/Globals/ObjectMgr.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Handlers/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp:22
error: src/server/game/Handlers/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Mails/Mail.cpp:27
error: src/server/game/Mails/Mail.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Maps/MapManager.cpp:54
error: src/server/game/Maps/MapManager.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Miscellaneous/Language.h:796
error: src/server/game/Miscellaneous/Language.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/Scripting/ScriptLoader.cpp:45
error: src/server/game/Scripting/ScriptLoader.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/World/World.cpp:72
error: src/server/game/World/World.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/game/World/World.h:841
error: src/server/game/World/World.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/server/scripts/CMakeLists.txt:78
error: src/server/scripts/CMakeLists.txt: patch does not apply
error: src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp: already exists in working dire
ctory
error: patch failed: src/server/scripts/Custom/CMakeLists.txt:8
error: src/server/scripts/Custom/CMakeLists.txt: patch does not apply
error: src/server/scripts/Custom/all-in-one.cpp: already exists in working direc
tory
error: patch failed: src/server/worldserver/Main.cpp:30
error: src/server/worldserver/Main.cpp: patch does not apply
error: src/server/worldserver/Master.cpp: No such file or directory
error: patch failed: src/server/worldserver/worldserver.conf.dist:2296
error: src/server/worldserver/worldserver.conf.dist: patch does not apply

maybe i must choose one patch or apply all patch (from folder TrinityCore335aALL)

thanks btw /emoticons/default_happy.png

and if you only want the playerbots

It seems like the NPC to spawn bots doesn’t have the options for Shaman, Hunter, and DK. I looked at the locales_gossip_menu_option SQL and they are listed there. Anyone else notice this?

Ah, it looks like these classes are commented out in botgiver.cpp.

Any improvements in the last month regarding the PLAYERBOTS not NPC?

The ticket for Playerbots not “acting right” is closed due to too many variables acting on the bots. Not much work other then making them compile has been published. Its really old code. I wish I knew more but everything I do tends to break something in one way or another. Its fun to learn and try though

That is why I do this… to learn. If TC would stop breaking my patches… lol, j/k if all my patches always worked, I would have nothing to do, and TC would not have gotten as awesome as it is.

Hopefully I will be able to spend more time fixing little issues (like priest fear) once my kids get back in school. I normally don’t check my posts here on TC website. I do it on my website (not listing website, due to being banned once before for doing it) or in issues on the patch repo.

Hi, LordPsyan,

can you provide a separate patch for Playerbots only?

also playerbot is good it just needs more features and enhancement, reminds me of Granado Espada lol

is teh npc is still 60000 ? just installed Old_NPCBots-4-ALL.patch and theres no npc for 60000 /emoticons/default_sad.png

hi wich core can i used? latest or another one for trinity?

Hello,

Very nice that these playerbots are beeing worked with again. This gives a changes for some good laughs when playing together with friends.

I will start Testing these as soon as i got the newest core up and running on a new harddrive that will arrive Monday.

I did alot of work with the old bots, and with some changes to the code, i managed to get a very decent Warrior Tank bot up and running, same with a very decent dps Rogue.

Hope these new bots, might be a little more “intelligent” thou. And not in need of that much player control.