Possible memory leak [6.x] ?

Right, messing about with the 6.x branch, I can get in and do stuff just fine; however, within 5 minutes the entire client will seize up and then crash. Wondering what was up, I opened task manager and launched WoW again. At the point the freeze happens, the executable just begins to consume ram (the non-64 bit exe will crash before hitting 4 GB, I did not dare wait to see how far the other would go) until it hard crashes. After messing around on the live retail client, this doesn’t occur at all.

I’d just like to know if this is some mess-up on my end that I can fix or there’s actually a problem somewhere

addendum: the log always ends with something like this, if it helps

No defined handler for opcode [UNKNOWN OPCODE 0x158E (5518)] sent by [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Received not handled opcode [CMSG_CLOSE_INTERACTION 0x001D (29)] from [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Prevented sending of [SMSG_LOOT_RELEASE 0x12E7 (4839)] to non existent socket 0 to [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Prevented sending of [SMSG_AURA_UPDATE 0x10AF (4271)] to non existent socket 1 to [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Prevented sending of [SMSG_CANCEL_COMBAT 0x02DB (731)] to non existent socket 0 to [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Prevented sending of [SMSG_UPDATE_OBJECT 0x026B (619)] to non existent socket 1 to [Player: Danath GUID Full: 0x08000400000000000000000000000001 Type: Player Entry: 0 Low: 1, Account: 3]
Prevented sending of [SMSG_LOGOUT_COMPLETE 0x16EF (5871)] to non existent socket 0 to [Player: Account: 3]

Run valgrind with it.

can’t valgrind memory leaks in the client

Anyway, I can’t confirm this on 6.x. It never happened to me.

Aye, the server isn’t the one having issues, I don’t think, but the client executables (both 32- and 64-bit) after applying the connection patcher on them so that’s why I feel it has something to do with that (normal Blizz client works just fine). I’ve been pulling builds as they get released and rebuilding in hopes it stops, but it’s a persistent issue :confused: