Question re: Moving a waypoint

Is there an easier way to move a waypoint besides “wpgps” and then modifying it in the DB with my current “gps”? In the past there used to be “wp move” to move a waypoint to your current position but that appears to be gone.

I’m asking because in Darnassus I saw an NPC bouncing in the air and when I looked at his waypoints, point 1 and point 2 are over 100 yards apart with point 2 being on the top of an incline. When you turn mmaps off his z position fluctuates as he moves between the two points.

I would fix it and others I come across but it seems a bit clunky to have to export gps for me and the waypoint and modify it in the DB, compared to “wp move”.

Note: There also doesn’t seem to be a “wp del” anymore either.

waypoints are supposed to be from sniffs, so, there must be some function in mmaps or the movement generator that needs to be implemented to make the npc plot the points between the given points more precisely…

Yes, the issue here is pathfinding. I have many times stuffed in extra waypoints due to the cores lack of proper pathfinding.

Hmm, ok. If it’s from sniffs then I won’t mess with it.

I may add an extra waypoint for my own sanity but it isn’t worth a full bug report, especially once mmaps gets fleshed out and the pathfinding improves.

hahaha

Nothing never gets fixed.

Nobody takes this project seriously enough anymore.

Well Antonio Perelli wishes someone would. He told me to go f*ck myself when I said “stick 'em up, LOL” as he floated by me in Elwynn with his hands in the air.