Recommended For Updates

On my test server, I run a Cron Job that pulls source once a week, rebuilds the servers and restarts the servers.

THIS IS FOR LINUX ONLY

You do not need root access for this. Simply open a shell and type crontab -e

Add the following to the cron tab

00 01 * * 0 /home/trinity/servers/legion/cron/update
This will run at 1am every Sunday

Save and Exit depending on which editor you choose to use.

The Following update script is what I use which is placed in /home/trinity/server/cron

The files name is update and needs to be set as executable (chmod +x update)

cd /home/trinity/TrinityCore
git pull origin master (or 6x if you are not using the master branch)
cd build
make clean

cmake …/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/trinity/server -DTOOLS=0 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1 -DCONF_DIR=/home/trinity/server/etc

make

make install

If you use a manage script to start and stop your servers, I recommend you run the stop command between make and make install

This is just a recommendation, so your server is never far from the current revision but as always, keep an eye on IRC and the Github Repositories.

Hi Keldo,

Maybe the following topic is interesting for you :slight_smile: It saves you the compiling time, and the repository is updated on a daily basis.

Also, if you run a Debian Jessie server, it comes with some configuration in place to help you manage it using the normal system controls.

Cheers!

Morning Thulium,

That’s 3.3.5 Server stuff, I’m only running/testing the Master Branch but thanks for the heads up

If enough people want this, I could add that to my repository as well :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ll add it later today, would you like to test it? Follow the instructions in my other post, but use the following package names:

trinitycore-server-master
trinitycore-tools-master
trinitycore-database-master

I can run a compile job now, but I can’t build an actual server until later today :slight_smile:

EDIT2: Compile job is done, I’ve added a reply to the other topic with some more info