SDK Error with Windows 8.1 SDK

Checked all the FAQ but could not find this particular one.

Pulled from 3.3.5 Branch (as per this tutorial) Nov 29th, 2022

VS2017 & VS2019 installed

CLEANING:

========== Clean: 24 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

24 errors: in the coding

This was produced when compiling. I do not do C++, (one of the few languages I did not get involved with LOL), it seems to be a language conversion issue (most of them were with BSTR). I found several fixes since it is a pointer, but rather have you guys take a look at it. One note: this particular error (although the same) was I tried to install Windows 8.1 sdk separately which is why it is in a separate folder, as shown below. Windows 8.1 SDK is included with 2017, but it still produced similar results.

[FONT=‘Courier New’]Error (active) E0310 default argument of type “const wchar_t *” is incompatible with parameter of type “BSTR” authserver C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\WbemDisp.h 1151 [/FONT]

this is the only error

Thanks for checking! :slight_smile:

Update:

Went to work (that system uses windows 10) and ran the compiler there. However it produced these errors:

Just a quick glance - is this a RAM issue (work pc has 8GB )

[SIZE=10px][FONT=‘Courier New’]Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB4166 Child node “2” exited prematurely. Shutting down. Diagnostic information may be found in files in "C:\Users\Ra7eN\AppData\Local\Temp" and will be named MSBuild_*.failure.txt. This location can be changed by setting the MSBUILDDEBUGPATH environment variable to a different directory.
C:\Users\Ra7eN\AppData\Local\Temp\MSBuild_pid-12752_7124439c384e4a64a1ffbce17231ed05.failure.txt:
UNHANDLED EXCEPTIONS FROM PROCESS 12752:
=====================
11/30/2022 12:33:41 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.
at Go8(RegexRunner )
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.CompiledRegexRunner.Go()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexRunner.Scan(Regex regex, String text, Int32 textbeg, Int32 textend, Int32 textstart, Int32 prevlen, Boolean quick, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Run(Boolean quick, Int32 prevlen, String input, Int32 beginning, Int32 length, Int32 startat)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, Int32 startat)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.VCToolTask.ParseLine(String inputLine)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.VCToolTask.ReportRegexException(String inputLine, Regex regex, Exception e)
at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.VCToolTask.ParseLine(String inputLine)
at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.VCToolTask.LogEventsFromTextOutput(String singleLine, MessageImportance messageImportance)
at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.TrackedVCToolTask.ReadUnicodeOutput(Object stateInfo)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
===================[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10px][FONT=‘Courier New’] scripts 1
Error MSB8071 Cannot parse tool output ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.29.30133\include\utility(183,1): fatal error C1060: compiler is out of heap space (compiling source file C:\TrinityCore\src\server\scripts\Commands\cs_debug.cpp)’ with regex ‘^\s*(?((.:)?[^:\n\r]?))(((?[0-9])(,(?[0-9]))?))?\s:\s*((?([^:]?))\s?)(?error|warning|note)\s((?[A-Za-z0-9]))?\s:\s*(?.*)$’: Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown. scripts C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 687 [/FONT][/SIZE]

Regarding the wnidows10 version,

SOLUTION: start->run->%temp% and wipe that folder

It will compile after that.

All compiled perfect.

So I am left with the original windows 7 problem in the OP.

very likely you need windows 10 sdk on windows 7. and ofc vs 2019 minimum.

Hi, thanks, did the trick I was concerned that using windows 10 anything would stop from being usable on win7