Seeking an expert on main branch using Ubuntu

Hello there! Been trying to get main branch up and running on Windows as well as ubuntu. Bottom line is, I can get all the way to map extraction and it hangs on the same file. Tried 3 different servers, and all end up the same. Hanging on that map extraction tile.

I am able to build the project and all of that Jazz, but cant seem to get by this. Kinda at the end of my rope and am willing to find someone to assist that can commit to working thru all of it. Happy to compensate for the time. Not asking for any hand outs, just want to get this thing up and running.

Drop me a message if you have any interest.

Blend

as you may see, lately had been a lot of modification on extractors (on master branch) so probably you should just wait or try again till everything will be stabilized.

Hi there, I have the current master branch build working on ubuntu 24. I have the Mac client and used the tools to extract from that and had no issues using the GitHub actor/build to do so. I cannot remember the link to that and not sure if there is a similar one for windows.

Does anyone have the exact GitHub action link to the automated tools build process? That is probably your best option. I look under the workflows but can’t seem to find it.

I do just want to help and confirm that the master branch does work on ubuntu. I’m doing so from VPS currently with cloudflare and fail2ban setup. It’s mostly the cert things that are annoying if going that route, but certainly doable.

That workflow should be easier to find for everyone but it’s there somewhere. Maybe someone else can chime in and help, but I’ll try to find it in the meantime. The documentation and resources almost read like the old MaNGOS days when us OG devs were too tired to write full docs haha. Seriously it’s a lot of work, but if you need help with anything past the tools let me know. Ubuntu Trinity is very nice when done right.

1 Like