Smart_Script Actions Depending on Level Range [3.3.5]

Hi everyone,

Lately I had a really cool idea where I would give NPCs a rather broad level range in Creature_Template. Then, I would like to make smart_scripts that activate for the npc within a certain level range.

For example:

If creature “Sunreaver War Mage”'s level is 10 or higher, they cast Fireball.

If creature “Sunreaver War Mage”'s level is 20 or higher, they can also cast Dragon’s Breath.

If creature “Sunreaver War Mage”'s level is 30 or higher, they can cast Fireball, Dragon’s Breath and also Pyroblast.

I’ve been doing some research on how I could achieve this within the smart_scripts because creature level is not really accounted for in any part of smart_scripts according to my research.

• One idea was to give the npc phases depending on their level. So phase 1 would start with level 10, phase 2 with level 20, phase 3 with level 30. But then I encounter the same problem, as there is no level condition or smart_event that deals with creature level.

• Maybe a better idea would be to work with Smart_Event_Data_Set and then find the data field for creature level? However, I cannot seem to find any indication how to find the exact “creature level” field I am looking for.

Does anyone know what field deals with creature level?

Or does anyone have simpler solutions to this problem?

Many thanks,

Shay

I’ve discovered that creating a level condition in the conditions db for the Smart_Action_Cast works to solve this.