[SOLVED]Files compilation error

Hi all,

I started today to create my own server.

I downolad VS 2015, Git and Github already installed, OpenSSL 1.0.2k, MySQL (lastest) Cmake (lastest). I have Windows 10 64bits, uptodate,

Well I can cmake all files (for v7.XX, lastest version).

I get all files from the “Build” Folder, just like the tutorial.

when all is done (no error) I opened the files “TrinityCore.sln” with VS2015. I started the build of the “ALL_BUILD” folder.

I get those errors : (and Some files like mapextractor.exe or vmap4extractor.exe wasn’t build)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C2661 ‘DB2Meta::DB2Meta’: no overloaded function takes 5 arguments mapextractor D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\tools\map_extractor\System.cpp 71

Error C2661 ‘DB2Meta::DB2Meta’: no overloaded function takes 5 arguments mapextractor D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\tools\map_extractor\System.cpp 137

Error C2661 ‘DB2Meta::DB2Meta’: no overloaded function takes 5 arguments mapextractor D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\tools\map_extractor\System.cpp 174
Error C2661 ‘DB2Meta::DB2Meta’: no overloaded function takes 5 arguments vmap4extractor D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\tools\vmap4_extractor\vmapexport.cpp 103
Error C3083 ‘VoiceAddIgnore’: the symbol to the left of a ‘::’ must be a type game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 139
Error C2039 ‘Read’: is not a member of ‘WorldPackets::Social’ game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 139
Error C2065 ‘OffenderName’: undeclared identifier game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 141
Error C2065 ‘_worldPacket’: undeclared identifier game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 141
Error C2228 left of ‘.ReadString’ must have class/struct/union game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 141
Error C2228 left of ‘.ReadBits’ must have class/struct/union game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 141
Error C3083 ‘VoiceDelIgnore’: the symbol to the left of a ‘::’ must be a type game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 144
Error C2039 ‘Read’: is not a member of ‘WorldPackets::Social’ game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 144
Error C2084 function ‘void Read(void)’ already has a body game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 145
Error C2065 ‘_worldPacket’: undeclared identifier game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 146
Error C2275 ‘Player’: illegal use of this type as an expression game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Server\Packets\SocialPackets.cpp 146
Error C2039 ‘ActiveIconID’: is not a member of ‘SpellInfo’ game D:\WoW Private\TrinityCore-master\src\server\game\Spells\SpellMgr.cpp 2927
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file ‘…\game\RelWithDebInfo\game.lib’ worldserver D:\WoW Private\Build\src\server\worldserver\LINK 1

I’m unable to find a solution, but I have experience in programming.

PS : I’m French, I can see your message only tomorrow

Thanks you very much

Best

yucass

master branch compilation is broken until 7.2.0 implementation is finished.

Hi,

Thanks you it will be done or just cancelled?

I tried with the 3.3.5 branch and I have the same issue (I haven’t the error log but the result is the same)

Thanks you

7.2.0 will be working some day. also you cannot have same issue. 3.3.5a don’t have db2 files.

To be clear, previous working versions of the Master branch were deleted or they can still be used if you pair them with a downgraded client?

It’s likely that you won’t be able to get TC to compile if travis-ci and friends cannot, especially if you are having the same issue … which is currently the ActiveIconID when I look at appveyor’s log.

You too can do this when you visit [https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore](https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore) and check the bottom of the page at "build status". If your build fails and so does the automated build, it's worth checking out.

Cheers

Do git checkout 0b0d4c4011b1be37590104dae6a5b7a6ae378eef to go back to last supported 7.1.5 version

Shauren added support for 7.2.0 now

— Canned message start —
It appears the issue in the original post was solved, so this thread shall be closed.
Should you encounter any other difficulties, please open a new thread.
— Canned message end —