Tired of asking always the same questions.

I guess I can speak for all TrinityCore team about this.

We, and surely you people, noticed that there are people always asking the same questions…

They are either too lazy to search the forum, don’t know how to use it, or lastly… they don’t want to search.

So, before you ask a question, search on the forum for an answer. If you don’t find it, search again. If you still can’t find it… search again! (i know… I’m repeating myself!) And then if you don’t find it, open a new thread.

So, when you open a thread, remember… post a proper topic title (I will start to close all threads with topic titles like “help me” or “server help”, etc…), if you are too lazy to use a proper topic title, I will be too lazy to answer to your questions.

After that, in the problem description, explain what is happening, and how it should happen.

Give us the most info you can… You can even copy/paste those question’s and answer them on your topic:

• What is your O.S. version?

• What is your core version? (There is no “last version”, on somedays we can do more than 1 commit, so post your correct core version)

• Where did you grab it?

• Did you compiled yourself?

• Do you have all dependency’s correctly installed?

• What are their versions? (Same as the core, each linux flavour (by example) has his owns versions. So even if you are on windows, tell us the versions)

• Did you Follow our wiki?

• Did you correctly updated the databases?

• What is your MySQL Server version? (There is no “latest version”)

• What is your MySQL Client Version? (There is no “latest version”, and i mean the library’s)

• Is your MySQL correctly configured and running?

• What is your MySQL client? (SQLyog? MySQL command line? etc… NOTE: please, don’t use navicat)

• Did you opened the necessary ports?

• Do you have any custom patches in the core? Which ones? Did you try without them?

• What is your wow client version? Did you extracted the necessary files from it?

And lastly… Post your conf files and realmd table in necessary cases.

Note: If many of you start answering those questions when you find a problem, in most of cases, you’ll find the answer by yourselves and spare us wasting time answering the same questions. And also, you won’t find us to critics or narcizists.

Note2: I will start to change the Warning level acording to the number of rules you guy’s break. Seem that way you’ll think twice!