Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

[FONT=helvetica]because our genius moderator did a mistake and closed my topic, doesnt answers my message, think i can reopen it.[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]i need help here and not teach how to use search! i’ve already searched whole forum.[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]original post:[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]hello people. i’ve just compiled server on debian, but i have no client on server to extract vmaps…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]vmaps from windows doesn’t works…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]Using[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]DataDir[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]home[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]pro[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]trinity[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]server[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]WORLD[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] support included[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]LineOfSight[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica],[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] getHeight[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica],[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] indoorCheck[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]PetLOS[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]WORLD[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] data directory [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]is[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/home/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]pro[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]trinity[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]server[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]vmaps[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] file [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]‘/home/pro/trinity/server/vmaps/000.vmtree’[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]is[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] missing [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]or[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] points to wrong version of vmap file[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] R[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
edo vmaps [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]with[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] latest version of vmap_assembler[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]exe[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]Correct[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]map files [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]not[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] found [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]in[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] path [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]‘/home/pro/trinity/server/maps’[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]or[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]vmtree[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/*.vmtile files in '/home/[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
pro/trinity/server/vmaps’. Please place .map/.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
the DataDir value in the worldserver.conf file.[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]got this error…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]can someone share vmaps files for linux please?[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]3.3.5a client version[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]thanks [/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]old thread link: [/FONT]http://www.trinityco…ps-debian-335a/[FONT=helvetica] [/FONT]

god damn.

where did you guys find this moderator? let me know the source…

[ATTACH]441._xfImport[/ATTACH]

to genius moderator: dont close my topic! i need help and i have a right to open a thread. while i cant find on forum!

i need vmap4extractor and assembler for windows…

someone share please

No, you have no rights. This is a volunteer community of private members. Nobody guaranteed you help and support or even that you could create an account. Drop the entitlement attitude.

So compile it. It’s included in the GitHub repository where you should have found all the rest of the core source. If you didn’t compile it yourself you won’t get any help here anyway.

No.

Is it ok, if I get message

Processing Map 724

[################################################################]

Extracting GameObject models...Extracting World\Wmo\Band\Final_Stage.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Done!

Extract V4.00 2012_02. Work complete. No errors.

during vmap4extractor? Will not miss anything?

You can ignore that message.

[FONT=helvetica]hello people. i’ve just compiled server on debian, but i have no client on server to extract vmaps…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]vmaps from windows doesn’t works…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]Using[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]DataDir[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]home[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]pro[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]trinity[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]server[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]WORLD[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] support included[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]LineOfSight[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica],[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] getHeight[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica],[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] indoorCheck[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]PetLOS[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]1[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]WORLD[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] data directory [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]is[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]:[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/home/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]pro[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]trinity[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]server[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]vmaps[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]VMap[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] file [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]‘/home/pro/trinity/server/vmaps/000.vmtree’[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]is[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] missing [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]or[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] points to wrong version of vmap file[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] R[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
edo vmaps [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]with[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] latest version of vmap_assembler[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]exe[/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]Correct[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]map files [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]not[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] found [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]in[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] path [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]‘/home/pro/trinity/server/maps’[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica]or[/FONT][FONT=helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=helvetica].[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]vmtree[/FONT][FONT=helvetica]/*.vmtile files in '/home/[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
pro/trinity/server/vmaps’. Please place .map/.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]
the DataDir value in the worldserver.conf file.[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]got this error…[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]can someone share vmaps files for linux please?[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]3.3.5a client version[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]thanks [/FONT]

Go away.

No.

To share client data isnt legal. So if you want vmaps, maps and dbc’s for testing, you need to get it by yourself.

Indeed you can ignre it.

There is a Final_Stage.m2 that gets extracted but there is no corresponding .wmo. I even manually searched the MPQ files for it but it doesn’t exist. The extractor did not miss anything.

— Canned message start —

I would love to be able to just say: “Look in upper right hand corner of the forum, there is a button labeled SEARCH, please use it”, but I don’t think that will be enough therefore I present to you:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4528/searchbuttonfordummieslsq1.jpg

Please read it cover to cover, and don’t bother posting again until you do!

— Canned message end —

I have compiled the vmap4assembler and vmap4extractor tools from source (I used the master branch) and when I run the makevmaps_simple.bat file it doesn’t generate any vmaps and I get the following errors:

Extracting World\Wmo\Azeroth\Buildings\Gilneas\Gilneas_House_B_Closed.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01_D.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01_C.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Kalimdor\Lostisles\Goblinshipfinal.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Dungeon\Md_Mountaincave\Md_Mushroomcave06.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Done!

E:\World of Warcraft>vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps

using Buildings as source directory and writing output to vmaps

Could not read dir_bin file!

exit with errors

Is it be possible that the extractors from the Cataclysm branch may have been transfered into the master branch by mistake? If so this would explain why they don’t work…

The only version of WoW installed on my computer is Wotlk 3.3.5a and I compiled the core and tools using the source from the master branch (https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git)

Did you run WoW once after installing it?

Yes, I did. Also the old extractors compiled and worked flawlessly on the same setup. I began encountering the problems only with the v4 tools.

Just compiled it, extracted data from base blizzard data (had all the needed files uploaded to the server), and extracted. Works like it should.

[click@ice ~/dev/wow/tc]$ cat /etc/debian_version 6.0.4
[/CODE]

What are the directories we need in able to compile Dbc Maps and Vmaps from Linux server? because my WoW client is at my windows Desktop.

Hello id like some advice is this error “File ‘temp_gameobject_models’ seems to be corrupted” something to be worryed about ?

Can someone upload latest Vmaps and link them here? My vmap4 don’t work 100% for my Win7.

Yeah thats normal, the file is read correctly but it seems to make 1 more read past the end of the file, showing that error, nothing to worry about tho

My WoW Client is on my windows desktop, and the size of it is really big, and it would take time for me to upload it to my server, i’m just wondering what are the needed files to compile Dbc, Maps, Vmaps instead of uploading the entire client.

Thank you!

Ok, so you are getting it wrong hehe, don’t worry, I’ll explain. (although you should read http://www.trinitycore.info/)

You DON’T have to upload the WoW client. You just have to upload Vmaps, Maps, DBCs. To answer your question about what are the needed files… well, if you compiled the core (and followed http://www.trinitycore.info/ instructions) you’d end up with a few tools (three “.exe” files in windows, don’t know what extension are they in other OSs) named:

vmap4assembler.exe

vmap4extractor.exe

mapextractor.exe

THIS 3 files are the “needed files” for compiling dbc, maps and vmaps. (you do not upload these)

Now, you go and read “Extracting DBC/Maps/VMaps” (click on it) section from the wiki.

If you read carefully you’ll see that you will end up with 4 new folders, DBCs, Vmaps, Maps and Buildings. You CAN delete the “buildings” folder. The other 3 (maps, vmaps and dbcs) ARE THE ONES YOU HAVE TO UPLOAD to your server.

To make that clear: After you use the tools for extracting the files, you ONLY UPLOAD THOSE NEW FOLDERS. And remember, you have to upload them in the same directory as your authserver and worldserver programs are.

I hope you understand now.

If you need more help, or if you manage to do it succesfuly, please tell me.

Good luck.

Delro

P.S.: If english is not your main language or if you don’t know it very well, I recommend you to go to the localized sub-forums (http://www.trinityco…m/29-languages/) and post your problem in your native language. The guys over there might be able to help you better.